His Tragic Story Part 17

We stayed in our old town for more than two weeks to take care of Uncle Gwan. Mom started talking again, so I was really relieved.

However, I still continue to ignore Joon-ho. He's been messaging me daily. I check them, but I don't respond. I've also been avoiding his phone calls.

I think this is my way of telling him that I'm mad at him. I didn't want to talk with him at all. He's been extremely clingy recently, which is exhausting. I just want some alone time. I'm sick of him contacting me to complain or to want me to stay with him.

It's as if he never thinks about how I feel. On top of that, he gets angry at me for the littlest of things. He's behaving like a child, thinking that he can have his way all of the time. I'm going through a rough time right now, and he won't even listen to me or talk to me.

But I can't avoid him forever... because I love him.

Today is the last day of our stay here. Mom was finally ready to return to Seoul, but I wasn't. Before leaving, we said our goodbyes to Uncle Gwan.

"You seem tired lately, and you've been spacing out a lot. Are you okay?" Mom asked as we walked to our car in the hospital parking lot.

It was the first time in a long time that I had been asked if I was okay. When she asked, it kind of surprised me. "Yeah... I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I put on a fake smile.

For a while, she seemed to be convinced.

"Give me the car keys. I'm driving." She came to a halt in front of the car.

"N-no, I'll drive. B-besides... you've been working hard taking care of Uncle Gwan. It wouldn't be fair for you to drive."

She then gave me a pouty face and glared at me. "I didn't ask! I'm demanding you! Give them to me now!" She extended her hand out to me, wriggling her fingers and demanding that I hand over the keys.

"But I c-"

"I said now!" She interrupted me with a yell.

It truly hurt to be scolded at this age.

I grumbled and frowned as I reached inside my pockets.

"Here..." I grabbed the keys from my pocket and placed them in her hand.

"Get in." She said as she opened the door and stepped inside the car.