His Tragic Story Part 35

Although I was deep asleep, I could hear someone shouting my name repeatedly. I squinted my eyes open to see who was calling me. Upon opening my eyes, I noticed Myles hovering a few inches from my face, trying to wake me up.

I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes with my palm. In a desperate attempt to return to sleep, I groaned, "Hmm...?"

A beaming smile spread across his face when he said, "Breakfast is ready. Let's eat."

"Mm-mm... tired." I shook my head and pulled the covers back over my head.

I immediately felt him pull back the cover. "You have to get up! We have work." Grabbing my hand, he dragged me out of bed.

"Just ten more minutes..." I whined, barely able to stand.

I felt my body giving out quickly. After stumbling, my body fell, and my head landed on his shoulder. The moment my body touched his, he flinched.

When I overheard him asking, "Are you all right?", I could feel his body stiffen.

Still half asleep, I murmured. Myles's body sensation was very warm. He felt so good that I didn't want to get up at all. But nice moments don't last forever.

He gently pushed me back and held my hand to lead me out of the room. I found myself starting to wake up as we were going down the stairs. Then, I wasn't as dazed anymore.

We left for work shortly after eating breakfast. It was nice to eat breakfast with Myles. Apart from Max, I haven't had breakfast with anyone in a while. I've found that it feels pleasant to eat breakfast with another. 

At work: 

Myles and I walked into Max's office to get to ours when we were suddenly stopped by Max.

"Good morning , Assistant Palmer and Assistant Moreno." Max greeted us, sitting behind his desk.

"Good morning, sir." Myles and I said as we proceeded to our office.

Before we could even step inside our office, Max shouted, "Wait a moment...!" He stopped us.

We turned around to see him with a confused look on his face. "Assistant Moreno, if I'm not mistaken, you wore that same suit yesterday. May I ask why?"

It's not a shocker that Max would notice something like that. Considering how sharp his eyes are.

Myles, on the other hand, went nervous. He seemed scared. "I didn't get the chance to change since I spent the night over at Mr. Palmer's house." Myles gave a nervous yet frightened smile.

Max's expression immediately changed. He sat frozen, appalled at what Myles said. "Sp...spent the night over?" He stuttered over his words in disbelief. He stared at us both shocked until his face shifted once more. This time, he seemed angry. "What do you-"

I cut him off before he could get the chance to yell at Myles. "I asked him to stay the night over. It was raining and thundering last night. I asked him to stay over since it's hard to drive out in the rain." I said, staring at him blankly.

Max gave me a pained look in response. I didn't really care, to be honest. It's not something to get jealous over, especially since he cheated on me.

"That pained expression remained on his face. "Is that so... Then, you're free to leave." 

As soon as we stepped into our office, I heard Myles heave a sigh of relief. It still seemed like he was a bit nervous.