1.4

𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝟗𝟏𝟏 - 𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞

ᴛ.ᴡ ᴅᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ

When Mallory Shepherd woke up at four-ten in the morning, she wasn't surprised to find Alex Karev sleeping on her couch. The man looked comfy there, as Mallory walked up to him, shaking him awake.

"Alex, we gotta go," she told him, walking away into the kitchen as she continued to talk. "I'm making some coffee now, the bathroom's yours for the next ten minutes."

Alex Karev jumped awake, staring at the Shepherd woman with wide eyes. "What the fuck, did we?"

"You're on my couch, dude, come on." laughed Mallory, handing him a cup of coffee. "Do you think we'd be that stupid? Besides, that amazing date I have is tonight. Tonight, can you believe it?"

"The one that friend of yours set you up on?"

Mallory nodded slowly, explaining it once again. "Yeah, he's from New York. Blind dates are fun because it's easy to run away once you realize the guy is an idiot. And that's because you don't even know them."

"You're a mess, Shepherd," he told her, getting up from the couch. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

Two knocks on the door interrupted the two interns, Alex only began to change his clothes from the night before as Mallory walked towards the door. As she turned around, she saw him without a shirt on in the middle of her living room.

"Alex," she exclaimed in a whisper, "Are you seriously changing right there?"

"We share a locker room, besides human anatomy." he joked, giving her a playful smirk. "You could freshen up on my male anatomy."

"You're an idiot."

Mallory Shepherd opened the door to reveal Derek Shepherd, the neurosurgeon glancing between Alex Karev and his youngest sister. His eyebrows raised in surprise as he gave his sister a disapproving look.

"Oh, well," said Derek, crossing his arms against his chest. "Did I come at the wrong time?"

"You're funny, really," she said, shrugging her shoulders as she continued. "Alex just crashed on the couch after a long night of drinking. It's no big deal."

"Hey, Doctor Shepherd."

Derek Shepherd stared down at his sister, shaking his head. "This isn't like you, Mallory. This isn't like you at all."

Mallory groaned loudly, leaning against her doorframe. "Alex is just my friend, trust me. If I wanted to hook up with him, it would've already happened by now. And it hasn't."