1.6

𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 - 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐝𝐬𝐨𝐧

When Mallory Shepherd woke up in the morning, her head was pounding and she had no recollection of the night before. As she walked into her living room, she was surprised to see Alex Karev sleeping on the couch.

She walked over, shaking his body to wake him up. "What're you doing here, Alex? Did you come to Izzie's party last night?"

Alex Karev stared at her, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Do you not remember anything from last night? Anything at all?"

"Not really," replied Mallory, shrugging her shoulders. "I remember getting there, but everything after that is a blur. Is there anything I should remember?"

"Uh, no not really," he hesitated, biting the inside of his cheek. "You were drunk and tried to drive home from Izzie's party. And I was not going to let you drive."

Mallory's cheek turned red in embarrassment as she apologized. "God, I'm sorry, Alex. I kind of remember the tequila shots now that I think of it, Cristina and Meredith just got me started and I couldn't stop."

"Where's Brad?"

"Bryan," she corrected, narrowing her eyes. "He must've gone home already, he was working late last night. Third shift sucks when your girlfriend is a surgeon."

The Karev man didn't say anything for a few seconds, remembering her saying the night before that she wouldn't let him come because of Derek. He wasn't sure whether or not to say anything but he decided not was the better option.

"Yeah, anyway." he changed the subject, looking at her wrist. "Your wrist feeling okay?"

"What?" she asked, noticing the bruises on her wrist. "Oh, yeah. I probably just hit it on something."

"You told me you fell down the stairs. But, same difference right?"

She gave him a skeptical look, snapping back. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know," he shook his head, getting up from the couch and throwing on his jacket. "You should get it checked out, that's all."

Mallory grabbed her keys and purse from the shelf, looking ready to leave. "We should get headed to the hospital. Early bird gets the worm, you know the saying."

"