1.2

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 - 𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐞

ᴛ.ᴡ ᴅᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ, ꜱᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴀꜱꜱᴀᴜʟᴛ

ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɢᴏ - ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ ᴄɪᴛʏ

She could feel her teardrops as they rolled down her cheek, warm yet cold on her pale skin. It was at that moment that it all started to hurt less, there was no longer any pain. Mallory Shepherd wondered if this is how patients felt when left open on an operating table. As her eyes began to close, she didn't mind how opening death felt.

And that was the last thing she felt for a while.

"Mallory?" her eyes didn't seem to move, a corpse at that. "Oh my god, Mark! Mark, I found her--"

"I, I couldn't find him," another voice spoke, blood-stained Derek's hands as he held his sister's lifeless body. "Oh my god, I'll, I'll call 911. That's what we do, right?"

Derek Shepherd held the frail body of his youngest sister, hardly knowing if she was even alive. She was cold, and he knew that dead people were cold. "Tell them we have a 24-year-old female in critical condition, stab wound to the abdomen, and victim of sexual assault and possible domestic abuse--"

"Sexual assault?" blurted Mark Sloan, staring at the girl he watched grow up. Seeing exactly what her brother had seen. "How long do you think this has been going on?"

"I'd say the entire time they've been together," he admitted softly, looking up to meet the teary eyes of his best friend. "I, I should have noticed. She stopped eating, and she stopped telling me things--"

Mark Sloan set down the cell phone, the authorities and an ambulance on their way to the dark residence. Only moving Derek from her lifeless body, beginning to attend urgently to the stab wound on her side.

"Derek, man, this isn't your fault," he said, tears filling his own eyes. "We, we were with her all the time. How did none of us see it?"

 How did none of us see it?"