1.3

𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐟𝐢𝐱 𝐲𝐨𝐮 - 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

Mallory Shepherd was the only intern not interested in staying at Meredith's house, instead with help from her older sister Nancy and Derek, she found an apartment of her own instead. There wasn't much to unpack, since everything else she had was left behind in New York. 

"It's a nice place, Mal," commented Derek Shepherd, helping his sister move things around her apartment. "Two bedrooms is a lot, what're you going to do with the other?"

"Storage for now," she answered, setting new plates she bought into the kitchen cabinet. "I have some of my things from New York, and I can have Nancy and Addie ship the rest."

"God, don't tell them I'm here."

The Shepherd woman raised an eyebrow at her elder brother. "How long are you going to hide from Addie? You could at least give the woman a divorce."

"I don't want to talk about her," he stated, focusing his attention fully on moving the couch he had gotten her.

"I get that you don't want to talk about her," said Mallory, giving him a sympathetic look. "But sometimes, Derek, you just have to. I get that she slept with Mark, so why not divorce her? Instead of running away and ignoring her calls?"

"Didn't you run away as well?"

"I tried to gain my freedom, you're the only block in my plan."

Derek Shepherd rolled his eyes at his sister before he perked up. "What do you know about Meredith Grey? What's she like?"

Mallory shrugged her shoulders, unsure of why he was even asking about Meredith Grey. "I don't know, she's the daughter of Ellis Grey. Probably brilliant, her surgical skills are better than a lot of interns."

"Better than yours?" he questioned back, earning a smirk from his sister.

"She could only wish," she replied, before asking. "Why do you want to know?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Depends on what you did, Der."

The neurosurgeon looked slightly guilty as if he knew what he had done was wrong. "I hooked up with her, the night of the mixer. We escaped early to go back to her place. I don't know, she's different, different than how it was with Addison."

His sister's jaw dropped, blinking a few times in surprise. "Derek, you are married. Married. I understand that Addie betrayed you, but to get back almost the exact same way?"