2.9

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 - 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞

There was a loud knock on the door of Mallory Shepherd's apartment early on Thanksgiving morning. As it continued, it disturbed Alex Karev from his sleep on the couch. He squinted his eyes and saw that it wasn't even eight in the morning.

He groaned as he got up from the couch, finding a tank top of his on the ground that he quickly put on. As Alex stumbled around the apartment to look ready to answer, he finally opened the door to Addison Montgomery-Shepherd.

"Oh, Doctor Montgomery-Shepherd," Alex forced a smile as he greeted her. "Can I help you?"

"What are you doing here?" she questioned immediately, eyeing him up and down. "In your boxers, in Mallory's apartment?"

Alex quickly raised his hands in defense, insisting. "Come on, don't get started with that again. We're just friends. She's been having nightmares again and doesn't like to be alone. We're usually out drinking the night before anyways, and I sleep on the couch."

"You are lying to me, I can see it on your face. Mallory Claire!" bellowed Addison as she walked to Mallory's door, banging her fist on it while she continued yelling. "Mallory, you need to wake up. It's Thanksgiving—"

Mallory Shepherd swung her door open mid-sentence, holding her head while she started to complain. "Would you stop knocking? Just walk in the door like a normal person. And yes, I know, it's Thanksgiving. Happy turkey day."

"Uh-huh, so tell me," Addison casually spoke as Mallory went over to get coffee. "Why is Karev sleeping in your apartment?"

"It is too early to deal with this," Mallory muttered before rolling her eyes. "We're friends, Addie, besides it's not like he was in my bed."

Alex chuckled to himself as he mentioned. "I'm surprised Doctor Shepherd's never told you about it, you should've seen how crazy he was when he found out."

"I can only imagine," replied Addison, pulling out her phone as another text came through from Kathleen. "Have you called your mom or any of your sisters yet? They've been blowing up my phone, so I'm sure they would love to hear from you."

The Shepherd woman groaned at the mention of all the phone calls she was supposed to make. It was the second holiday she spent without her family, which only made her sisters call more and more.

"I really don't have the energy to call them right now," Mallory insisted, trying to ignore Addison shaking her head. "I'll call Mom later, and I'm sure my phone will blow up with calls from everyone eventually."