2.8

𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞

𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤 - 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

When Mallory Shepherd arrived at Seattle Grace Hospital, none of the other interns besides Alex Karev was in the locker room. He laid on the bench with his hand over his eyes, looking extremely hungover.

She walked up to him, chuckling as she removed his hand from his eyes. "How're you feeling this morning? Too many whiskey shots?"

"I don't know how you don't feel like death," Alex Karev replied as he sat up, still holding his head in pain. "You barely even made it home."

"Hangovers aren't really my thing, so why not have fun while you can?" Mallory shrugged her shoulders as she smirked. "Besides, you weren't taught how to take a proper shot."

The Karev man rolled his eyes playfully as he asked. "Is there really a proper way?"

"I don't know," she told him as she sat down next to him, smiling as she continued. "I'd have to take you to New York to show you."

"I always forgot that you and the Shepherds are from New York," said Alex as he stared at her. "Which part are you from anyways? Like where'd you grow up?"

Mallory furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, questioning. "Why are you so curious all of a sudden?"

"Just answer the question."

She gave him a smile as she explained. "I grew up in Manhattan, the youngest of six siblings as you already know. Once Derek moved out, I lived with him most of the time. It wasn't that my mom didn't love me, but she was a mess when I was born. I also spent a lot of time visiting my sisters, so I went wherever they lived."

"What happened with your mom?" Alex asked suddenly, paying close attention to every word she said which took the Shepherd woman by surprise. "What? I'm curious, you said she was a mess."

"My dad was shot and killed before I was born, all over some gift my mom gave him," Mallory revealed making Alex's eyes go wide. "I think I looked too much like him, it just made it hard for her."

Alex stayed quiet for a minute, never hearing of Derek and Mallory's father ever before. "I'm sorry, I never realized. So, that's why you grew up with Shepherd and She-Shepherd."

"Yeah, Nancy, Derek, and Addie pretty much raised me," she told him, her smile growing as she remembered her childhood. "It's why Richard knows me so well, he let me grow up around doctors. Which I can say was pretty cool."

"Sounds cool, my mom was always out of it, you know," he mentioned with a shrug of his shoulders. "But since I'm the oldest of us three, I always took care of my younger siblings."