2.1

𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨, 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

Meredith Grey glanced between Derek and Mallory Shepherd, shaking her head one final time before storming out of the hospital lobby while Alex Karev stood back in shock. The Shepherd man whipped around to face his sister, overcome with rage.

"You knew she was coming here?" exclaimed Derek, angrily pointing his finger at his youngest sister. "And you didn't even think to tell me?"

"I didn't know it was today, Derek," she stuttered, anxiously looking between Addison and her brother. "You are living a lie, and it's out in the open now--"

Addison Montgomery-Shepherd held up her hand, staring angrily at her husband. "Derek, I didn't tell Mallory I was coming tonight. You cannot keep blaming her for things going wrong in your life."

He turned to her, crossing his arms against his chest. "What are you doing here, Addison?"

"What are you doing here?" she questioned him, gesturing to the hospital. "You just pick up everything and leave? Your house, your practice, your wife, your friends? You had a life in Manhattan."

"Had."

"And now you have a girlfriend in Seattle," continued Addison, gesturing to his sister who stood beside him. "She's the same age as Mallory, you know your sister that we raised."

Mallory looked uncomfortable at her words, knowing that everything Addison said was true. "I'm going to go, Addie--"

"It's okay, you shouldn't be here anyway," she replied, giving the intern a smile. "Go out with your boyfriend, and I'll call you later. We can catch up, maybe get some drinks?"

The Shepherd man stared at her in shock. "You lost every right to speak to her that way--"

"Relax, Derek," Addison rolled her eyes, clearly not caring about a word he said. "She's still my sister whether you like me or not. You have no control over her life.

Mallory Shepherd grabbed her purse from the chair, practically running out the door in a rush. Alex Karev glanced at Derek Shepherd, before shaking his head and running out the door after Mallory.

When she got outside, tears started to stream down her face. Alex placed a hand on her shoulder, attempting to stop her from crying. "Hey, it's not your fault. Shepherd shouldn't blame you for that."

"I knew she was coming," she sobbed into her hands, her words mumbled. "Derek's going to murder me, and Meredith's never going to talk to me again."

"He made you keep the secret," he reminded her, glancing back to the hospital. "It's not your wife you're close with his wife, she's practically your sister, Mal. That's not your fault."