1.5

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 - 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

ᴛ.ᴡ ᴅᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ

Mallory Shepherd woke up to banging on her front door, her head pounding as she attempted to get out of bed. When she looked in the mirror, she had to admit that she looked as she once did in New York. Dried blood everywhere and unknown bruises.

She knew that it wouldn't take long before Griffin Ross had truly gone back to his old ways, but she was thankful that it never went any further. Mallory knew she should've told someone, someone, that would've helped her get away from him, but she couldn't help but keep silent.

"One second!" she yelled, throwing on a shirt as she walked to the door, the knocking growing louder. "Jesus Christ--"

As Mallory yanked open the door, she was met face-to-face with Alex Karev. His eyes darted to her nose as he inspected it. "What happened to your nose?"

"I don't know," she lied, grabbing an ice pack from her freezer. "I must've got a bloody nose last night, no big deal."

"You left in a big rush last night, I wanted to make sure you were alright," he added, before eyeing her once more. "And look at that, you're fine."

"Yes, Alex, I'm okay."

The Karev man nodded as he walked over to her fridge. "Meredith told me I should stay away from you, isn't that weird? I think Shepherd's trying to sick her on me, but it isn't going to work."

Mallory rolled her eyes at the thought of her brother still trying to have control of her life. "He's annoying, isn't he?" she asked. "You didn't mention anything about Bryan to her, did you?"

"No, why?" asked Alex, raising an eyebrow. "Afraid of him finding out?

"Of course not." she denied, pouring two mugs of coffee from her pot. "I just don't want to get Derek started on something that might not even last."

"What makes you think it won't last?"

She shrugged her shoulders, letting out a deep breath. "I don't know, nothing ever lasts, you know?"

"That's dark, Shepherd, a new level of dark. Even for you," he commented, before giving Mallory a more serious look. "What's going on with you? C'mon, we're like best friends, you tell me everything. It's just how we work."

"Not with this, Alex. Please, just leave it alone."

Alex Karev groaned loudly, narrowing his eyes at his friend. "Fine, but if it gets to the point where I know something's going on, I'm not holding back, Mal."