2.5

𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

When Mallory Shepherd was finally allowed to go back to her apartment, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't make it through the front door. After an hour of arguing, Alex Karev managed to get her to go in, proving that everything was put back to normal.

There seemed to be no evidence that anything had happened in the first place. All of the blood stains were removed from the floor and cabinets, and any trace of Griffin Ross was gone. The Karev man could tell that Addison and Derek paid professionals to make sure it looked perfect for when Mallory came home.

As the two interns lay next to each other in Mallory Shepherd's bed, Alex talked casually to her before finally gathering the courage to ask. "I just have to know, did George actually know?"

"Only towards the very end, he was suspicious of it but never knew for sure," she explained, staring up at her ceiling fan. "All he knew was that he couldn't tell you, Derek, or anyone else."

"I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did," Alex commented, laughing to himself.

"If I'm being honest, so am I," Mallory chuckled as she tapped her fingers on Alex's arm. "He's a good friend, though."

Alex shrugged his shoulders as he mumbled. "He's not the worst."

The sound of thunder echoed through the small apartment as the storm worsened. Mallory looked out the window, groaning as she moved the curtains. "Why does it always have to rain here?"

"It's part of living in Washington, I guess," he replied with a chuckle. "Hang on, doesn't it rain a lot in New York?"

"Yes," answered Mallory, laughing as she realized how stupid she sounded. "However, that's not the point."

Alex's phone vibrated in his pocket, and when he looked he saw a text from Izzie Stevens, asking where he was since she had asked him on a date for that night. He glanced between his phone and the Shepherd woman before throwing it back onto the nightstand, ignoring the messages.

"Hey," Alex spoke up as he stared up at the ceiling. "You think there will be any interesting cases tomorrow?"

"One could only hope, right?"

The Karev man nodded slowly before asking softly. "So, have you only ever lived in New York and here?"

"I have an apartment down in Los Angeles, but it's honestly just sitting there now," Mallory explained which surprised Alex, never having heard of her living there before. "I lived there for a while before I came here."