2.6

𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 - 𝐫𝐞𝐱 𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐲

After their long grueling shift, Mallory Shepherd and Alex Karev decided to stay at the bar longer than they usually did. The two got lost in their games of darts and conversations over their beers, enjoying what was their perfect night.

Mallory downed another tequila shot as she looked down the counter at Meredith Grey who still sat doing shots. "Do you think Derek's gonna show? It's been a while now."

"I think that's a question you should be asking yourself if I'm being honest," Alex told her with a shrug of his shoulders. "He is your brother."

"I know, I know, but it's just weird?" she replied as if it were a question. "My entire life, it was him and Addie together. And I know it's hard to believe and you've never seen it, but they used to be in love. They used to be happy."

He nodded along as he said. "I have a feeling there's going to be a but."

"But, I've also seen the way he looks at Meredith," Mallory explained further, looking lost in the situation. "It's like he and Addie started fighting for a little bit, and then she slept with Mark, and he slept with Meredith. And now, neither of them knows what to do."

"Which one are you rooting for?" he asked, making Mallory furrow her eyebrows. "Come on, you have to be rooting for someone. Who do you want to win?"

She narrowed her eyes in his direction as she answered. "Honestly, I don't know. Even if they divorce, Addison's still going to be my sister. I just want them to make up their minds, or go back to New York."

The Shepherd woman grabbed another shot, downing it instantly. Alex grabbed the other shot away from her, questioning. "You sure you don't want to slow down?"

"You want me to slow down?" she spoke as if his words were poison. "I think you need to learn how to keep up, my friend. You're falling behind."

Meredith Grey walked over to the other side of the bar where Mallory and Alex sat, joining them in their conversation. She grabbed a tequila shot as she looked at her two friends. "I actually said pick me, right? I did? Pick me?"

Joe shrugged his shoulders from behind the counter. "I think it's romantic."

"I think it makes you sound a bit crazy."

"No, Alex is lying to you. It makes you sound, uh, committed," Mallory tried to reassure her. "Hopefully, Derek is smart enough to see that."

"No, Alex is right. It's not romantic, it's horrifying," Meredith exclaimed, shaking her head. "Horror movie horrifying, Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood, horrifying."