1.7

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟-𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐚𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐚 - 𝟓𝐬𝐨𝐬

Mallory Shepherd drove to work alone the next morning, telling Alex that she was busy all morning even though it was a lie. Griffin Ross wanted to see her, she felt exhausted by him. Like there was nowhere to run, and nowhere to go.

As she stepped out of her car, she eyed Cristina's motorcycle. "Look at that ride, I'm jealous almost."

Cristina Yang cocked an eyebrow. "You have one?"

"Yeah, back in a garage in New York," she explained, Meredith walking up next to them. "A gift from my brother on my 18th birthday, Derek never approved."

"Don't you only have one brother?" asked Meredith, confused by her statement.

Mallory looked unsure of what to say, knowing she could never mention who Mark Sloan even was. "Oh, I mean technically. This one's honorary."

Izzie Stevens let out a groan, seeing Alex Karev jogging up to the group of interns. "A run? You run?"

"Every day, babe, every day."

"Until his legs get sore," started Mallory, eyeing her friend as she spoke. "And then he runs to my apartment asking if I'll take him the rest of the way to work."

Alex Karev sent her a playful glare, turning to the other interns. "Don't listen to her, that's so not true."

"Not suffering enough?" questioned Meredith.

He shrugged his shoulders. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

"Don't go acting all indefatigable." groaned Cristina, eyeing the Karev man. "You're dragging on like the rest of us."

As the six interns walked into the locker room, Mallory Shepherd stood away in a corner away from Alex Karev. As she began to change, a voice came out from behind her. "Mal, hey. What's that on your side?"

Mallory turned around quickly, yanking down her shirt. "Nothing, George, Jesus. Why are you standing that close to me?"

"That isn't nothing, I know this isn't just nothing." he blurted, looking concerned. "You can't keep this a secret forever. Alex, he's getting worried and--"

"He's worrying over nothing, George. Look, I need you to keep this secret, just for now." she pleaded, attempting to persuade him. "Nothing's going on, I promise. It isn't what you think."

"What's not going on?"

Mallory Shepherd jumped at the sound of Alex's voice, spinning around to face him. "Nothing is going on, nothing at all. Right, George?"