2.4

𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲

𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐞 - 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐧

ᴛ.ᴡ. ᴅᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ

Alex Karev still stood in Joe's Bar at midnight, shooting darts by himself as he waited for Mallory Shepherd to eventually show up. He had called her phone multiple times, and after a few times of the calls being declined, they soon just went to voicemail.

As he tried to call again, George O'Malley walked up to him, eyeing the phone in his hand as he questioned. "Are you trying to call Mallory?"

"So what if I am?" Alex asked in reply, placing the phone down on the table as he shook his head. "She said we should go out for drinks tonight and then she doesn't even show up. I mean, what the hell?"

"That doesn't seem like her," replied George with furrowed brows. "But it could just be the boyfriend again."

"Who knows anymore," he sighed, taking another swig of his beer. "It feels like every time I get her to be the Mallory I met again, she goes and does this shit again."

George nodded slowly, never hearing the Karev man talk this calmly. "I'm just saying, it isn't her fault. You know that."

"Hm, are you finally admitting something, O'Malley?"

The O'Malley man shrugged his shoulders, unsure if he should even tell him what he saw. But the feeling in his gut told him that he needed to, for Mallory's own sake. "I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but I saw him the other day."

"Oh yeah?" Alex scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "What'd you think of him?"

"I don't know, he wasn't what I expected," he explained, biting the side of his cheek nervously. "When I went over to Mallory's, I heard them yelling at each other. Mainly him yelling at her. But I don't know—"

The bad feeling came back to Alex's stomach as he asked. "You don't know what?"

"She wasn't calling him Bryan," said George, looking like he had no idea what to do with the information. "That's what she said his name was, right?"

"Yeah, Bryan, Brad, Brett," he listed off the possible names. "It was something with a B."

George bit his lip as he revealed. "That wasn't what she called him, I swear I heard her call him Griffin. But I've never heard that name before, maybe it's his last name or something—"

Alex narrowed his eyes at his coworker, stopping him before he could even say another word. He remembered that name, and he hoped he heard George wrong. "Did you say, Griffin? You heard her call him that, you're sure?"