2.10

𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐭 - 𝟓𝐬𝐨𝐬

The morning after Thanksgiving, as much as didn't want to, Mallory Shepherd remembered telling George O'Malley about her feelings for Alex. And it was then that it finally dawned upon her that she really did have feelings for him and she was falling hard.

After another night of drinking, Alex Karev once again ended up on Mallory's couch. As she showered, she couldn't help but think of how screwed she was for falling for her best friend. And she blamed George for letting her reveal it.

As she turned off the shower water, she cursed herself as she realized she had forgotten her towel in her room. Suddenly, the door opened and Alex walked in without even knocking. He and Mallory quickly made eye contact and both of their eyes went wide.

"Shit, I'm sorry," he shrugged his shoulders. "I thought you were sleeping—"

Mallory fumbled around as she tried to find something to cover up with, she ended up choosing the shower curtain as she looked to her best friend. "Oh my God, Alex!"

"What?" asked Alex as he noticed his friend's frantic behavior. "Is it the fact that you're naked? Because I really don't mind."

"I was showing," she told him as her cheeks turned bright red. "I, well, I—"

"Fine, fine, I'll leave, he raised his hands in defense. "I was just looking for the hairbrush."

He grabbed the hairbrush off the counter, giving her a wink as he walked out, leaving the door still open a crack. Mallory threw on her clothes as quickly as she could as she followed him out, calling out after him. "You don't even have that much hair."

"Still, gotta look nice to get through the day," insisted Alex before he looked at his friend with a smirk. "Nice rack, by the way."

Her cheeks got red as she stuttered. "What? I, uh, well— Would you look at the time? I have to get going to Meredith's."

"You're going over to Mer's?" he asked as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Since when do you make morning stops?"

"Since today," she exclaimed as she grabbed her keys and purse. "I will see you at the hospital."

Mallory gave him a smile before taking off and driving over to the Grey woman's house. When she walked into the kitchen, Izzie Stevens stood at the counter making breakfast while George O'Malley stood across the room sorting through the laundry.

"Well," George said to himself as he mindlessly folded the clothes. "Another sleepless night in Seattle."

"George," Mallory spoke loudly, walking straight to him. "I need to talk to you. Right now."