2.3

𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐨 - 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭

ᴛ.ᴡ. ᴅᴏᴍᴇꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ

Mallory Shepherd's black eye hadn't healed overnight as she had hoped, and as she drove to Addison's hotel for breakfast, she feared what she would say. Knowing Addison Montgomery-Shepherd, she knew her questions wouldn't be light.

The second Mallory walked into the lobby, Addison's eyes went wide at the sight of her. "Mallory, oh my lord. What happened to your eye?"

"Nothing," she immediately denied. "I just walked into a door--"

"Come on, was it a bar fight or something?" asked Addison, knowing that it was a lie. She ran her fingers across the side of the bruise. "I can tell the difference, this type of bruising here would only be from--"

"Seriously, Addie, nothing happened." Mallory snapped, giving her sister-in-law a serious look. "Would you just stop?"

The Montgomery-Shepherd woman stared at her sister for a few moments, seeming to process her words. She then nodded slowly, before continuing on. "Fine, I'm sorry, Mal. How's it going with Karev?"

"He's still just my friend, nothing more," insisted Mallory. "How're you liking Seattle?"

"It's okay, there's too much rain. New York was awful, but this?" Addison complained, looking out the window at the rain. "The rain here is ten times worse, I swear."

Mallory shrugged her shoulders, growing fond of the rain in Seattle. "Derek likes it, I don't know if it's the fishing or the trailer--"

"I will not move into a trailer," her sister-in-law quickly stated, shaking her head at the thought. "I'd be fine with just buying another house, but I don't think your brother's going to let it be that easy."

"I don't know, Derek's hard to read," said Mallory, taking a sip of her coffee. "The only thing I can tell for certain now is that he hates me."

Addison raised her eyebrows, shaking her head. "Mallory Claire, your brother does not hate you."

"Are you kidding me? Have you seen the way he looks at me?" she questioned, not believing a word that Addison told her. "He hates me more than he hated Amy when he found out about the drugs."

"Have you been talking to Katie?" Addison suddenly asked, changing the topic completely. "You don't seem to be doing as good--"

"I'm fine, Addie," Mallory groaned, despising that her sister still talked to her as if she were a child. "I don't need to talk to Katie about my problems anymore."