1.1

𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ:

𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 - 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

Seattle was different from New York, an obvious yet significant detail that Mallory Shepherd noticed when she arrived. There were no overbearing siblings, no loving protective mother, and nobody that knew anything about her. However, what Seattle had that New York didn't have was an amazing surgical residency program under Richard Webber. And that was the golden opportunity she couldn't pass up.

Richard Webber had mentored her older brother Derek, a huge neurosurgeon, and her sister-in-law Addison, a world-class neonatal surgeon. With living with Derek and Addison as often as she did, Mallory grew up alongside Richard Webber and watched his surgeries as often as she could. And it was there where she also grew close with Adele, staying with her when Derek or her sisters had late nights.

As Mallory Shepherd walked into Seattle Grace Hospital, she was unprepared for what was in store. All she knew was that this is where she wanted to spend this chapter of her life. This is where she needed to be.

"Each of you comes here hopeful, wanting in on the game

"Each of you comes here hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in Med-School being taught by doctors, and today you are doctors." Richard Webber, Chief of Surgery, stood in front of the newest group of interns. His eyes barely glanced up from his clipboard. "The seven years you spend here as surgical residents will be the best and worst of your life."

"This is the starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, it's up to you."

Mallory Shepherd eyed the interns around her, all of them anxiously picking lockers next to their competition. It wasn't long until her eyes fell on a man with the type of energy you see in fraternity boys. He stood tall and isolated, not bothering to look or talk to anyone else, which seemed to interest Mallory more than anything.

"Hey," she greeted with a smile, placing her bag in the locker beside him. "Are you nervous? Today's supposed to be an important day, the first of many."