Him

"Oh! What?"

He giggled and smiled at me. Busted.

"So Trey, this is my friend Daniella."

"Nice to meet you Daniella, that's a pretty name."

H reached out and shook my hand, I was sure that my cheeks were bright red.

"Thanks, Trey?"

"Yeah. Wait? You work at the jewelry spot right?"

"Yeah."

"I knew you looked familiar, you always reading or something at work."

"Yeah, when it's not busy I try to get some schoolwork done."

"That's what's up though shawty'. So what y'all about to do?"

"Go to the library and work on this paper due for Friday."

Key stated obviously irritated.

"Yeah, she do be trippin with these papers every week."

"You should come study with us?"

I don't know where that came from. My mind and mouth must have gotten confused because I swore I was thinking and not saying that. Keyanna smiled and awaited Trey's response.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's cool. I'm finna' run and get something to drink then I'll meet y'all over there. Um, Daniella gimme ya number so I can text to see where y'all gonna be at?"

"Okay."

I rambled off the 10 digits and we parted ways, Key giggled the whole walk to the library.

"Go ahead DanI! He got the number too? Awwwwww shit!"

"Whatever! I don't know whatever came over me."

"Sure!"

Keyanna and me found a table but I couldn't focus on homework. All I could think about was Trey. I waited anxiously for my phone to vibrate but when time went by and no text came, I was back to reality.

"C'mon Danii don't get down. Maybe something came up?"

"Yeah."

I was opening my text book when I saw a book bag drop by my feet.

"My bad, I got caught up talking I saw y'all as soon as I turned the corner."

There was Trey. 1st study date accomplished. Keyanna smiled and looked at me. My frown completely turned around.

"So what are y'all doing?"

"Well Dani, really studying, me on the other hand I'm tryin to figure out what to wear to this party."

"The Back To School Bash right? Yeah, that part is about to go down."

"You're going?"

I couldn't help but wonder.

"Yeah, me and my boys are gonna be live in there! You know, fresh, G'd up, you know?"

Trey said brushing off his shoulders I just laughed.

"Yea we're going to the mall today to find something to wear."

"Y'all boyfriends know y'all getting all dressed up?"

I just looked at him like he had four heads, yeah right imagine me with a boyfriend.

"Dani, don't have a boyfriend."

Keyanna said slyly.

"Word? So you tryna find you a boo?"

"I guess."

"Hmm, that shouldn't be hard for you at all."

Wait a MINUTE! Did he just call me pretty? The rest of our break we barely did any work, mostly talking about the weekend and school. When it was time to go to class Trey realized that our class was in the same building so he decided that we should walk together.

"So what's your major?"

It was crazy to watch all the girls looking at him.

"Early childhood education. I want to teach like Pre-K or Kindergarten."

"Oh that's what's up. I'm going for kinesiology."

"Ku- what?"

He laughed.

"Basically learning how the muscles and stuff work, I want to be like a personal trainer hopefully train for like pro athletes and stuff."

"Cool."

Yeah imagine this, the want to be personal trainer and the fat girl. I could hear the jokes from a MILE away. He opened the door for me as we waked into the building.

"Well my class is downstairs."

"Oh alright, I'm upstairs."

"Well I have to work today, so if you and Key come to the mall y'all better stop and say hi."

"Alright."

"Alright Dani, I'll see you later."

He dashed down the stairs and I just stood there a little in shock. Maybe this whole making friends thing wasn't that bad after all.