Dat Hoe

Where y'all been?"

"Oh we went to dinner and then to the movie."

Zakia cleared her throat itching to be introduced to Trey.

"Oh my bad. Zakia this is Daniela's boyfriend Trey. Trey this is Kia."

"How you doin?"

She said overly eager to offer her hand to Trey.

"I'm fine we saw each other at the courthouse, briefly."

"Yeah. So wait, y'all together? I thought you was her cousin or something."

I rolled my eyes. This bitch really had nerve.

"Look Marcus since you're busy Im just going to go and grab some stuff and stay at Trey's."

"Whoa! I thought we had a discussion about you staying the night with Trey."

"And I thought I told you to watch the hoes you hang with."

Trey's jaw dropped and Zakia sat up straight. I just waited for her to open her mouth so I could sock her right in it.

"Ummm I'mma wait in the car."

Trey said heading back outside.

"Can I see you in your room Daniela."

"Gladly."

I said stomping up the stairs with Marcus right behind me. He slammed my door.

"You want to tell me what your issue is with Zakia."

" She is the bitch that made my life a living hell in high school. The reason I came home crying everyday!"

"That's her?"

"YES!"

"Danni I didn't know."

"Well now you do so tell her to leave."

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"C'mon now you're grown you gotta be over that and I really like her."

"If I was you think I would say something?"

Marcus sighed.

"Look you're my sister so you're not going anywhere and neither is Zakia so what do we have to do to make this work?"

"Keep that dumb bitch away from me."

I snatched my overnight bag and brushed past Marcus as we were walking down the stairs we heard the front door close. Zakia was still sitting on the couch and Trey was in the car. Weird.

"Goodnite Danni."

She said flashing her ever so fake smile.

"Bye Marcus."

I said heading out the door. That bitch was up to no good and I knew it. Now how to prove it to Marcus was all I had to figure out.

The next morning I woke up smiling when I saw Trey in the kitchen making me breakfast. Since had gotten a single suite for school this year we loved the privacy. No noisy roommates running in and out.

"Hey sexy!"

I said smiling walking over to him.

"Oh you finally up?"

"Yeah. I stayed up late."

"I bet. Mad at Marcus."

"Don't remind me."

"I was going to tell you this last night but I didn't want to make a bad situation worse."

"What?"

"Yesterday when you and Marcus went upstairs I guess, I was on my way out to the car. Zakia came out giving me 20 questions."