All Eyes on me.

Spring break was around the corner which meant that midterms were soon approaching. Key and I had decided to go to the bookstore to pick up some index cards to study . While Key made her way down the snack aisle to find something to feed her and baby Kenny, I continued down to the supplies. I was reaching for the last pack of index cards when a chocolate arm beat me to it. Standing up our eyes locked and he smiled. I smiled back nervously. He extended his hand and handed me the index cards, still smiling.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

His accent was thick just like Kenny's meaning he had to be from New York too. He was about 6'2 with dimples and eyes brown just like Trey. His smile was perfect just like his skin I gazed at him not catching any imperfection. He had on a wife beater which showed off his toned and tattooed arms I found myself ogling him and quickly snapped out of it. He noticed and giggled. I went to walk away when he reached for my arm. I turned around and there we stood eye to eye once again.

"Hey, my names Johnny, everyone calls me JR though."

"Hi, I'm D-"

He cut me off.

"Daniela."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

I asked both shocked and a little weirded out.

"I was in your Math class last semester."

"Oh okay. Yeah, I do remember seeing you."

"Yeah so Daniela, look I've seen you around campus and I been wanting to say whaddup to you but I mean, well I don't know why I haven't but...Well you think we could exchange numbers? Talk sometime?"

I swallowed nervously. I knew Trey would NOT like the idea of me giving another guy my phone number even if he was just going to be my friend.

"No, I can't. I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend."

'C'mon ma, don't be like that. You can't have friends?"

He stepped up and was now towering over me. I looked up into his eyes and he licked his lips looking me over. He reached into his pocket and was handing me his blackberry when we heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and saw Trey. He walked over with fire in his eyes and JR backed away allowing Trey to stand in front of me.

"I guess I'll see you around Danni."

He said before walking past with Trey grilling him the whole way. Once he was out of sight he turned around. I looked down and felt his eyes burning a hole through my forehead.

"What the fuck was that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play stupid Danni, why the fuck was he all just in your face like that?"

'Trey please, don't do this. I told him I had a boyfriend."

"Yeah okay, so why he puling out cell phones and all in your face? Licking his lips and shit?"

"I don't know! Ask him!"

"I'm asking you!"

"You cannot be serious right now!"

"I am serious. You know what-"

Trey stormed off. I called for him but no answer he just kept walking. Keyanna came over eating Pringles looking at me.

"What was that about?"

"Girl, I don't know he's just, he's tripping."

"I saw JR over here, what was going on?"