VA again

Monday and Tuesday of next week were HELL. One final after another due to the way our week was set up. Key and Kenny had left right after school Tuesday to make the trip back to NYC. Marcus, Trey and I were leaving Wednesday morning. We decided we were gonna take my car. So Trey was going to spend the night at our house so we could leave early. Trey and I were supposed to go to sleep, I was supposed to drive the next morning. But those plans fell short when he and I stayed up all night watching an "Everybody Hates Chris" marathon. So it was no surprising that Trey and I were knocked out before we got on the highway and Marcus was driving. When we both woke up we were already in Virginia.

"Damn Marcus my bad, I didn't want you to drive the whole way."

Trey said sitting up rubbing his eyes.

"Nah it's cool. I figured you two were up all night , I like driving , so it don't bother me none."

"Cool."

Trey was looking out the windows like a kid in the candy store when he noticed his hometown approaching. He smiled looking at landmarks and so did I remembering both the good and bad times that I had in Petersburg. Trey practically jumped out of the car when we got to his house. Running up the landing to the front door.

"C'mon Marcus."

Marcus looked nervous. He wiped off his face and fixed his pants before we followed behind Trey. He was in the living room hugging his mother like he hadn't seen her in years. It'd only been 2 months.

"Look at you Daniela! Just as pretty as you want to be. And growing up!"

"Hi Ms. April."

I smiled giving her a hug. And then she saw Marcus.

"Who is this fine gentleman here?"

Marcus blushed causing Trey and I to laugh.

"Ms. April this is my big brother Marcus. Marcus this is Trey's mother Ms. April."

He extended his hand.

"Boy please! Get over here and give me a hug!"

Marcus laughed and hugged her.

"We don't shake hands around here we hug.! Y'all are family. Umm hmm, y'all treat my baby well when he's up there alone and I intend to do the same."

"Well thank you. We really appreciate the invitation."

"Daniela was not lying when she told me you played basketball! Just as tall and skinny. We gotta fatten you up a lil bit."

Marcus just smiled. I could tell he was a bit taken back by Ms. April's personality the same way I was when I snuck down here last Thanksgiving. She looked down and noticed that Trey was the only one with bags.

"Umm where's y'all stuff at?"

"Mama they got a hotel."

"Nonsense! Danni you can call and cancel that."

Marcus interjected.

"No we couldn't impose on you like that."

"Danni lived here practically a whole summer you think I'm worried about you staying til Sunday? Now I wont have anymore back talk about it. Marcus call and cancel and Trey bring their stuff in the house."

I shrugged my shoulders as Marcus reached for his cell phone. I'd be lying if I said I wanted to stay somewhere else, this besides Key and Kenny's crib was my other home. Trey walked in hauling our things looking like a bag boy.

"Alright Trey put Marcus' stuff in the guest room and Danni's things in your room."

I cheesed hard because I knew back home Marcus definitely was not going for me and Trey sleeping in the same room but he had no say so this weekend. Ms. April had made that very clear. We had gotten in around 11 so it was no surprise that Ms. April had breakfast laid out for us. And after we washed up Marcus and Trey wasted no time eating.