You Will Know

No not at all."

He sat down smiling unpacking his stuff.

"So you studying for that test?"

I looked up from my book and huffed.

"I'm no dummy that I promise you, but this Biology thing is a different language I swear."

He chuckled.

"It's not that hard everything you have to know is in the book."

"Easier said than done."

"Well I could help if you want?"

I should have gotten up and ran the other way.

"I mean she is about to start pairing us up for labs, and I don't really know nobody in that class like that anyways. So maybe we could be lab partners. Just an idea."

I was watching his lips the whole time he spoke.

"Uhm, yeah. That'd be cool."

"Cool. My name's Chris by the way."

He said extending his hand.

"Daniela, but everybody just calls me Danni."

I shook his hand and he scooted closer. Opening his book to the same page as mines we went over things for the test. After an hour in the library me and Chris were so caught up in studying I had forgotten that I was supposed to meet Trey for lunch.

"Damn!"

I said looking at my watch.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm supposed to meet someone for lunch."

"Oh well we done anyways so."

"Sorry Chris but I gotta roll."

"No problem. Here, just call me if you have any questions about anything."

Chris scribbled his number down on a piece of paper before stuffing it in my books.

"I will. Thanks for the help."

In a mad dash to put my books in my bag and make it out the door I was halfway down the steps when I ran into Treyliterally.

"Whoa!"

I kissed him still flustered.

"Sorry baby I was studying and I had forgotten, sorry."

"It's cool, it's cool."

I calmed down and looked in his eyes. I'd missed those all day. Trey wrapped his arms around my waist and we hugged. We were holding hands when Chris came out the library. He waived at me and I waived back. Trey watched and when I looked at his face he was confused.

"Who was that?"

"Oh that's my lab partner from Bio his names Chris, we were studying."

"Studying?"

"Yeah."

"Uh huh. "

I noticed Trey's eyes locked on Chris as he walked into another building.

"So you ready to eat?"

I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yea c'mon."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we headed to the cafeteria.

The next day Trey was supposed to come meet me for lunch but said he had to stay to make up a gym class. I was sitting at a table alone when Chris walked in.