Ready.

Mama, I have someone I want you to meet."

She turned around and at first she didn't say anything. She just looked at me. I smiled nervously and waited for her to say something. Anything.

"Who's this?"

"Mom this is Daniela, my girlfriend."

"So you're the one who's got my baby all in love?"

Her serious face changed and a grin came across her face.

"I am honored to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

I stuck out my hand and she grabbed me into a hug.

"Girl please! We don't shake hands you dating my son you're like family. So you came to see ya man?"

I smiled. She was around my height which couldn't have been more than a little over 5'5. She had Trey's complexion, his eyes and his smile. It was obvious where he'd gotten his good looks from. She had a short hair cut and was dressed in some jeans and a t-shirt.

"I hear that! He told me that you help him in school, keep him focused. I appreciate it most girls would be doing the opposite."

'I could say that he does the same for me."

"He hasn't' shut up about you since he got home. And I hear y'all on the phone all hours of the night."

We both laughed.

"Trey I got this juice for your friends tell them to come and get it. Daniela would you like something?"

"No Ms?"

She hadn't even told me her name but I was already so comfortable. I knew now where Trey had gotten his manners from.

"Just call me Ms. April."

"Okay."

"Alright ma, I just brought her in here to say hi."

"Well fine then! Go ahead and take my new friend Daniela!"

"You right. I'm stingy, I missed her."

He kissed me on the cheek and I smiled.

"Umm hmm, just don't be bringing no grand babies back here Trey."

I blushed and Trey grabbed my hand leading me back outside. He introduced me and Key to his friends and we all sat outside talking until the sky became dark. I was sitting talking to Trey when Key walked up.

"Can you unlock the car? I'm about to go with Kenny I need my stuff."

"What you mean go with Kenny? We have to go find someplace to stay."

"Oh I'm staying with Kenny, he got a room already."

"Well what about me?"

"Shawty you know you staying with me."

Trey interjected.

"No, your mom is not going for that and even so I couldn't impose like that."

"Whatever my mama aint gon care. You can sleep across the hall from me in the guest room and when she falls asleep I'll just sneak in and keep you company."

"Trey."

I looked at him.

"Daniela."

He matched my stare and I opened the car. Key went and got her stuff and her and Kenny took off in his navigator.

"C'mon we should go for a ride in your new car before it gets late."

"Where are we going?"