Welcome Home

The next few days were tough. I was trying to study and focus on finals but Marcus hadn't stopped calling my phone. He left voicemails, begging me to come home or at least just talk to him and let him know I was okay. That was another headache, I told myself I would deal with after my last test. Trey was dead set on me going to Virginia with him, he even talked to his mother about it. But I wasn't sure. Key had decided to go to NYC for the summer to spend some time with Kenny's family. Seeing as they would know each other for the rest of their lives regardless of how their relationship turned out, he thought it was best for her to come and get an idea of what his family was like, and where he came from. So I would be home, with just Marcus until fall. The idea of VA sounded more and more appealing by the minute. Trey and I were headed to take our last final when my phone rang and I couldn't ignore it anymore. I picked it up, Marcus was on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Danni?"

He said shocked.

"Yes."

"Okay, okay. You're fine. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yup."

"Look I'm sorry about what happened, but can you please come talk to me?"

"Marcus I'm about to go and take a final I cant' do this right now."

"Alright. Whatever you do, promise me you wont leave. With him. I know that's what he wants."

I looked at Trey.

"I can't promise you that Marcus."

"What? Why not?"

"I just can't. I just think that maybe we need some time apart, I mean I need to think you need to think."

"No. You're not ending a relationship with an old boyfriend Daniela I am your brother. We are all the family that we have and you can't just walk out on me like that and disappear."

"Marcus, I have to go."

"Daniela, just remember I was here before and I'll be there after."

"Okay."

"I love you."

"Bye Marcus."

I hit the end button on my phone before we reached the doorway.

"Fuck he wanted?"

Trey asked raising his eyebrow.

"For me to come home."

"Yeah well, good luck with that one."

'Trey I mean, I appreciate the invitation and all but I don't know if me living with you is such a good idea?"

"Why not?"

"Because I mean Marcus would be here-"

He cut me off.

"You think I give a fuck about how Marcus would feel? Do you really? You expect me to take that statement serious? Well in case you do let me tell you I DON'T. He treats you fucked up and now he hit you, so you want me to leave you here with him? No. The answer is no."

I just sighed. There was no getting through to Trey at times like this, when he had his heart and mind set on something that's exactly what it was. But I didn't know just yet if my heart was set on leaving my brother. Although I tried my hardest to focus on my final my thoughts kept drifting back to Marcus and Trey and what I was going to do. Finally I focused myself enough to finish and walked out, Trey was still working on his test. I held my phone in my hand and wanted so badly to call Marcus and tell him to come and get me. I knew that we would get through this just like we got through everything else. But I needed time to evaluate things and I'm sure Marcus did too. Virginia, here I came.