💜🐢 | the laundromat

donnie x reader

donnie x reader

_______

Soft lounge music played from the ceiling above you. There was sleepy silence throughout the laundromat, aside from the whirring of idling washing machines and the loud air conditioner. You were the only person at the laundromat right now, mainly because it was three AM.

Poor was a fitting word for your financial situation right now. You managed to rent an apartment that was cheap for New York's economy, but one of the reasons it was so cheap was because it had no laundry machines. This meant that, as old-fashioned as ever, you had to use laundromats to do your loads of clothes.

A tuckered-out expression was on your face. With the warmth of the laundromat, the blissful background noise, and the loneliness, you were just about to fall asleep standing up. Leaning against a drier, you closed your eyes and hung your head.

"Psst! Psst! (Y/n!)" Someone called.

You jumped awake with a soft gasp and looked around frantically. No one was around.

"(Y/n), I'm up here!" The voice called again.

Confusedly, you looked up at the ceiling. Oh, gosh.

Your boyfriend, Donatello, was stealthily clinging to the laundromat's fluorescent lights. He had the goofiest smile on his face, like usual when he saw you. He already had warm cheeks.

"Uh, hey," You said, smiling back, "Whaaat are ya doing up there?"

Donnie bashfully averted his eyes for a second, then muttered, "Sneaking."

You exhaled through your nose to laugh. Laughing took too much energy right now.

"Mhm. You gonna come down or what?" You smirked.

Donnie happily did as you suggested, landing on top of the drier you were once leaning on. He got on his knees and held the edge of the drier with his palms, then reached out his body for kiss. You managed to actually giggle two or three times before pecking his lips. He sighed in a hopeless romantic's fashion and relaxed upon the drier.

"Why are you up this late?" You asked.

He raised a brow at such a sassy question. "I could ask the same for you, missy."

You smirked in defeat before looking away to the washing machine. "Just doing the laundry."

Donnie nodded, looking over your shoulder to see the washing machine as well. He watched the washing machine rattle and your sudsy clothing swirl inside behind the glass.