💜🐢 | eat

donnie x reader

donnie x reader

disclaimer : mention of eating disorder, self-starvation

enjoy, lovebirds.
_______

Donnie was thinking about you while working, like usual, when he realized something.

He had never seen you eat before.

He stopped what he was doing and furrowed his brows, trying to search for a memory in which you ate in front of him. There didn't seem to be one. Oh! There was that time you were over to celebrate Christmas, you must...oh, no, he only saw you drink juice. You didn't eat. Er, what about the sleepovers you had with him and the game nights? You always said you had a slice of pizza, but Donnie never saw you consume any.

Donnie then sat back in his chair, worry quickly surging through him. How had he never thought about this before? Shit, he was already such a bad boyfriend, and you both just started dating...

He pulled out his phone and texted you.

'In desperate need of a scientific study. Plz plz plz come over, it's important.'

He waited, chewing at his nails. He wished so badly for you to not be busy.

'omw D. don't start without me!!! i love your projects'

Donnie blushed like the sap he was. He appreciated your enthusiasm when it came to his nerd world.

About twenty minutes later, you arrived in Donnie's lab. You saw your boyfriend standing up at one of his alternative desks, unscrewing something, maybe, by the motion of his arm.

"Hey, Donnie?" You called out.

"Hey, (y/n)," Donnie kindly replied, though still facing away from you. "Please come here, I promise this won't take long at all."

You rose a brow but did as he said. You approached him, curious about what was on the desk. You tried to look over his shoulder, but he suddenly turned toward you, keeping the mystery item behind his back on the desk.

"Okay. Before I show you what I made, please try to look past the...the silliness of it. It's probably stupid, but I need to know something urgently and it will help me solve my issue," Donnie explained.

"Well, that's really vague," You chuckled. "I promise I'll keep an open mind, I guess."

Donnie gave a firm nod, then turned around again to retrieve his creation. A curious smile stayed on your face as he picked up the item, then turned back around. Just then, your smile fell.