💜🐢 | a massive deal

donnie x broadway actress reader

enjoy!
______

April O'Neil had the mercurial pleasure of supporting a friend that had just become an upcoming Broadway star: you. You were the main antagonist of Mean Girls: The Musical, Regina George. Needless to say, you absolutely deserved your role. Your vocal range was flexible, powerful, and extreme, your fair looks captured the hearts of everyone in the audience, and your ability to act like a conniving princess was wondrously convincing.

Donnie managed to sneak in with April to watch your show. April thought she would have to drag him to see Mean Girls, but he secretly wanted to see it in person ever since he discovered the musical. He had heard the soundtrack years ago and adored it, but, of course, you were also not on it. You were the newest Regina George, replacing the original core actress, a pressure that no one but theatre kids could understand. April rooted for you like no other, as any good friend would. However, Donnie remained skeptical of your talent.

That was until he actually saw you perform.

As per routine, you were the hottest thing on that stage. You were confident, boisterous, extravagant, and overall perfectly in character. Donnie remained in awe about you. He was blown away by your voice and animated body. He was hooked on every word you said, and could barely take his eyes off you when you were on stage. Your vibe was just...perfect. You couldn't torture this information out of him, but he secretly loved how your acting made him feel. You were just so no-nonsense and sassy! Soon, Donnie found himself growing jealous of the actor that played Aaron, Regina's boyfriend-turned-ex in the show. You had to kiss this actor during the song Someone Gets Hurt; well, more like suck face with him. Watching you make out with the actor as the dramatic brass and strings in the background flared felt so wrong, he had to look away. Before that, though, Donnie's face was flushed throughout the entire song. The sight of you in a Playboy bunny costume?! Oh my gosh, he felt like he couldn't breathe.

Nearly at the end of the show, you performed World Burn. This song was arguably the hardest song to sing in the entire musical, yet you seemed to do it flawlessly. Your character's evil and cunning nature climaxed to its full potential in just one song, and Donnie just lived for it. It was the height of his awestruck watching you angrily belt "I wanna watch the world burn" to the audience as papers from the Burn Book fluttered around you. You were a goddess. A totally pissed off, manipulative, sexy goddess.

The show ended on a good note. You wore a neck-brace on stage because Regina was hit by a bus, and Donnie couldn't stop chuckling and laughing at your final dialogue scene. Your humor and line delivery became very dry, Donnie's favorite style of comedy. Plus, you just looked super funny in a short, fluffy dress combined with a rickety, eyesorish neck brace.

During bows, April screamed your name when you ran back on stage and hopped up out of her chair for a standing ovation. Donnie followed suit, focusing on your attitude out-of-character. Your eyes shone brightly as you flashed the cheesiest, happiest smile he'd ever seen. Huh. You really were cute. Suddenly, April took him out of his trance.

"Dee, you mind sneakin' me backstage?" April asked as the bows continued.

"Wha-what?!" Donnie loudly whispered back.

April rolled her eyes; as if her and Donnie hadn't snuck in places illegally before. "Come on, I wanna see her! She did so good, I gotta say something!"

Caving under the pressure, Donnie obliged. He managed to begrudgingly weave past hundreds of audience members and security and slither backstage with April. He was starting to get a little nervous. Donnie obviously found you quite intimidating from how well you played your role. He was already starting to picture several scenarios of meeting you and what he could possibly say to someone like you. When he heard April announce that she found your dressing room, Donnie clenched his jaw from anxiety.