🧡🐢 | close

Mikey was facing a problem.

His cheeks were dusted pink as he looked at you sprawled out asleep on his plastron, hugging him tightly. This sleeping together thing wasn't something new; you and Mikey had occasionally taken small naps in the projection room, but they were always on the opposite sides of the couch. This time, however, your bodies were much closer in his hammock, a place you had never slept together in. Although, you both were close in general. Mikey had known you for about two years and was practically attached to you at the hip. You did everything together, including things that may have been way past friends, like sneaking cheek kisses and cuddling. His brothers had noticed this behavior and addressed it, but he didn't understand what was so wrong. They hinted at confessing to you, but Mikey didn't understand.

But right now, listening to you breathing softly on his plastron, he understood.

Mikey had woken up before you this time, and was no doubt delighted to see you. But his heart was pounding. He stared at your sleeping form, his arms coiled loosely around it. He was facing a major epiphany right now; he loved you!

He thought about you. Your eyes, your voice, your smile...your lips.

Your lips.

Mikey's face ached with red as he imagined the feeling of your soft lips on his. He wanted it right now, he realized. He kept fantasizing about the girl on top of him right now, and a wide smile grew on his face. Mikey wanted to wake up with you every day from now on.

Totally in love, he helplessly deflated down in his hammock, lifting you upward on him to where your head fit perfectly in the crook of his neck. Mikey hugged you tighter to him, cherishing that you were this close to him relationship-wise. He kissed the crown of your head, before resting his head back and shutting his eyes.

"Ah, (y/n)..." Mikey quietly sighed out, smiling.

And he stayed there for minutes that seemed like hours, soaking in your warmth and occasionally kissing your head. He couldn't really go back to sleep. He wanted to experience this amazing feeling as much as he could.

Then suddenly, Mikey's eyes shot open.

His neck was being kissed.

"(N---N/n)? You're awake?" Mikey whispered, not moving an inch.

You didn't respond. You just kept pressing soft and sweet kisses on his skin. Mikey's smile from before had doubled at this sensation, and he quietly giggled with happiness. This is all an orange-loving turtle could ever wish for. Soon, you lifted your head from his neck and looked at him.

His gaze grew dreamy once he saw that adorable, sleepy face of yours.

You slowly leaned into him, eyes fluttered shut. He tenderly held your face with his hands, completing a kiss that was so empowered with love. It strongly pulsed throughout the both of you like electricity, and no words were needed to communicate that you both knew now.

The long kiss finally parted, and you looked at him with a sincere smile. Only you were this close to Mikey. On top of him in his hammock, in his room, held by his hands. No gear, no weapons, no bandanas. Just your Mikey. And who could not love just that?

You sunk your head back into Mikey's neck, listening to him sigh as you continued to leave slow kisses on him. This tickling sensation would ultimately steal some giggles from him, making you smile every time.

"I love you, (n/n)," Mikey admitted with a grin.

"I love you too, Mike," You returned, your hands sliding up his plastron to his shoulders. "We goin' back to sleep?"

"Mmm...only if you stay with me," He cheekily said.

"Then we're indeed going back to sleep," You chuckled.

The room got quiet as you both snuggled into a comfortable position, never taking each other's hands off of each other. You stayed atop his plastron, just the way he found out he liked. His hands stayed secured around you, lovingly tracing circles on your back. You and Mikey had both drifted back to sleep together.

Close.