💙🐢 | angels do exist

leo x reader

disclaimer : kidnap rescue, panic, traumatic experience

________

Leo wasn't really expecting to meet somebody new that night. And definitely not in the way he did.

It was a simple out-of-the-lair night for him and his brothers, as Splinter was upset with them and they had nowhere else to go. Every outing was fun; yeah, his brothers were sometimes boring and sassy, but they all tolerated him for the most part. The conversations, banter, jokes, and stunts they'd do while scattering across New York made the whole thing worth it.

"C'mooon, they never do anything at that dock no more! Everything was abandoned for the Harbor," Mikey begged, squinting at the indeed abandoned boat dock near the shore.

"Even so, it's just those metal boxes," Raph argued.

"Those are storage or shipping containments," Donnie quickly added in.

Everyone deadpanned him for a long moment.

"Yeah. Or, as us cool folk say: parkour platfoooorms!" Leo hollered out, making the rest of the brothers hoot in agreement before stumbling off toward the dock.

This dock certainly looked the part of 'abandoned'. It seemed rather sad, a thick haze of chilly fog over the entire area like it was its own planet. The brothers took ownership of this place now; no humans...well, there weren't many living things here anyway, not even mutants.

"Boom-bada-bing-bada-boom!" Leo shouted, landing on one of the large metal shipping containers. "Ladies and gentlemen, I've certainly found a new course."

"Yeah, yeah, just don't be so loud!" Donnie said. "We came to a secluded spot for a reason."

Leo rolled his eyes and decided to hop over to another shipping container, ultimately slipping and falling off with a yelp. He faceplanted into the chiggered wood of the dock, but still shone a thumb's-up when his brothers peeked over the edge of the metal box.

"Idiot..." Donnie muttered while shaking his head.

"Hey, that's mean!" Mikey exclaimed, then turned down to Leo, who was still glued to the dock. "Yo, Leo, we're gonna Scooby-Doo this joint!"

"Wha---we are?" Raph asked, furrowing his browbones at his younger brother.

"Uh, yeah? Spooky fog, abandoned everything---c'mon, it'll be fun!" Mikey grinned.

Raph nodded his head with a concurring hum, actually liking that idea. "Well then...let's split up, gang."

After Donnie dramatically gagged at that cliché line, he was left behind by Mikey because Raph genuinely could not be split up from his brothers. Donnie then went the opposite direction, now complaining to himself about how he was left.

And Leo was left with his face stuck to the dock.

Sighing, he lifted himself up and brushed some loose wood splinters off his face. "So much for Scooby-Dooing."

All that was heard was the gentle waves of the ocean and the creaking of old metal. The moon was graciously full, so the moonlight helped him navigate a bit more of this shipping containment box park. It all felt eerie. Leo kept telling himself that nobody but his brothers were here, but it just didn't sit right with him.