🧡🐢 | how comical

mikey x reader

mikey x reader

enjoy!
_______

It was snowing like crazy out there!

The recent New York blizzard got so vicious that you actually got snowed in a comic book store. To be honest, you weren't that frantic. Yes, you were trapped in a comic store, but you were trapped in a comic store! You could have been stuck in a post office or something.

While everyone else started panicking together, you stayed alone. A stranger was close nearby, panicking, but also alone like you.

It was Mikey. He was currently completely terrified of being the only yokai in a human comic store. He couldn't get out. He was stuck in a comic store with humans, all of which could reveal his existence to the world and endanger his entire family! Mikey held his phone to his ear, sweating and biting his lip.

"What do you mean there's no windows?! There's no windows?!" Donnie exclaimed on the other side.

"N-No, I checked! No roof-latch, no basement, no windows! I'm snowed in!" Mikey cried.

"Oh my gosh. DON'T PANIC, MIKEY!!" Raph screamed, doing the exact opposite of comforting his brother.

Leo piped in, "Jeez, calm down, guys! Mikey can get so much Jupiter Jim reads there. Hey, Mike, isn't there that special edition there?"

"Um...I think so..." Mikey muttered back.

"Then find that and bring it home after the plowers get you out!" Leo brightly suggested, making Raph and Donnie growl and sigh.

"Just stay safe, Mikey, okay? If there's anything weird going on there, you call us back," Donnie said.

Mikey sighed with a sad smile. "O-Okay. Uh...I'll do that. Bye, guys."

"Bye," They responded back.

Mikey hung up and frantically gazed around to see if anyone was around. Everyone was currently at the front of the store, calling their loved ones and chattering as well. Mikey was smart, though, keeping to the aisles like everything was normal. But normal wasn't really a thing when you're a yokai turtle. He tiptoed secretly around the store, listening to the soft music play in the background. He managed to find the fantasy comics, smiling with starry eyes once he saw the special edition version of the first Jupiter Jim.

It was still in the bag, clearly in mint condition. Slightly laughing in disbelief, Mikey ran up to the comic. He stared at it for a moment, adoring its shiny, holographic frame and bold title. He reached out for it, practically hearing an angel's choir.