🖤💜 | thoughtful

anti-hero donnie x reader

enjoy!
_______

Donnie was new to this whole 'dating' thing.

He was still glad for it because you were his girlfriend and he had the worst crush on you, but he had to get used to being your boyfriend. I mean, you were the sweetest person! You brought him snacks and coffee when he was overworking, you gave him the best hugs he'd ever felt, and your cheek or forehead kisses were heaven-sent. Having such a caring and loving person as his partner made him feel...incredible.

So when you stepped inside his laboratory singsonging that you have a gift for him, he felt butterflies, which was still relatively new to him.

"Donnie~!" You brightly singsang, "I made something for you, ya wanna see it?"

He twirled his chair around, his brow raised curiously. His cheeks already started blushing at your voice, then intensified a bit once he saw you.

"Ah, I...um, sure," He said, eyeing the flat box in your arms.

"Okay. So, please bear with me and tell me if it's not useful or if it's made wrong; this was my first time doing something like this," You explained as you opened the box.

Donnie's curiosity was building, although it did not show on his face. However, you could see his pupils widen once you revealed...a deep purple leather jacket. The shoulders of the jacket had short spikes, the kind you knew he had a knack for.

Donnie rolled his lips together excitedly before picking the jacket up from the box. His eyes sparkled in awe, something rarely seen from him.

"Well? Try it on, silly," You chuckled, motioning your hand out before letting it fall to your leg again.

Following what you said, Donnie rolled his eyes and slipped on the jacket sleeve by sleeve. His eyes squinted, then he rustled in the material for a moment. But then he stood still and nodded slowly.

"This is amazing," He whispered, getting caught off-guard once you giggled.

"I made the inside cotton to insulate you a bit when it's chilly outside," You added in, "And the body is twice the size of the sleeves for your shell!"

His poor face was pulsating with blush so badly that it spread down his neck. He had never received a gift of something so fashionable, well-crafted, and thoughtful as yours. He bit his lip, a grimace crossing his face as he avoided your eyes. He simply ran his thumbs over the spikes repeatedly.

You noticed his silence and got a little uncomfortable. "Um...did I put too many spikes on?"

Donnie looked to the corner of his lab, thinking to himself to gather his words. He was embarrassed about what he was feeling and what he wanted to do and say. So he thought back on some things Mikey told him about communication and decided to be upfront despite his anxiety. He looked you in the eyes again, his gaze a bit tense.

"I love the jacket, it's very comfortable and it's just my style," Donnie mustered out. "However, this---this gift-giving ritual is giving me urges to do something I probably shouldn't."

You were surprised by the formality but still found your words to question on. "Okay...what urges?"

He suddenly lost the ability to keep eye contact with you, and instead glared to the side. He looked restless.

"I-I have the urge to kiss you," Donnie growled out, crossing his arms and touching his cheek. "But I'm not sure what the perfect first kiss scenario is."

You had to process what he said, and then your face softened as you realized that Donnie communicated that he wanted your first kiss with him to be perfect. That being said, Donnie truly didn't know anything about how first kisses were supposed to go, or really about love in general. You were the first person that's ever made him feel all these things, and he wanted to reciprocate those feelings for you too. Donnie wanted to show you how much you meant to him and how much he melted over you, but he didn't know how.

You smiled softly, stepping up to Donnie and overlapping his hand on his cheek with yours. You were very calm, which eased his nerves, but you were also very close to him, which made his chest feel heavy.

"Hey, not all first kisses are the same or planned out. They don't have to be super-duper romantic," You chuckled, your thumb rubbing the back of his hand soothingly. "There's no such thing as a 'perfect first kiss' scenario, Don. They're all different."

Donnie took your hand off of him and then your other one to hold them at your chest's height. He looked at you meaningfully, viewing every feature on your face before taking a soft inhale.

He leaned in and closed his eyes. It made your heart throb.

Following this, you found his lips first, then you closed your eyes as well. Because of his reptilian nature, his lips were cool in temperature. They were soft. Chapped, because of lip biting while working or stressed, but still intoxicating to feel against yours.

His hands glided up from your hands to your face, to where he held you as he pulled away for a second. You opened your eyes and he did too, your breaths softly panning against each other's face. As usual, his face was very serious and passionate.

However, it softened when you smiled and said, "You taste like coffee."

And for the first time in this entire scenario, he smiled too. Donnie's smiles were always very sweet and appreciative, not to mention very rare unless it's you he's smiling to. He was a sucker for you; you were the only one who made him feel so valued, important, and loved.

Donnie passionately kissed you once more, the smile on his face guaranteed to be remaining there for the rest of the day.