---- ACT X

✎↷: —— ❤︎ ˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚

✎↷: —— ❤︎ ˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚

📰CIGARETTE DAYDREAMS ˎˊ˗
cage the elephant

It was just another overcast, rainy day in Cairnholm and yet — something felt unusual.

The children of Miss Peregrine's loop, as well as Miss Peregrine herself, were all sat around the dining table. They sat quietly, glancing around to eachother; trying to figure out what was missing.

Bronwyn quickly put the pieces together.

"Where's Y/N?" The girl spoke up. Miss Peregrine looked over to where they would normally sit, no Y/N in sight.

"Perhaps they're sleeping in, they've been working far too hard lately," the woman responded — though she couldn't help but worry.

"I can go find them, Miss!" Bronwyn announced, smiling at the dull lady.

"That'd be great. Thank you, Bronwyn."

So the girl was off, politely excusing herself from the table to head towards the staircase.

The young girl quickly ascended the stairs, calling Y/N's name.

"Come on, Y/N! You don't want to miss breakfast do you?" Bronwyn was puzzled, Y/N wasn't in their room.

Where could they be? Bronwyn thought, furrowing her brows slightly.

Sighing sadly, she walked a little further down the hall to her deceased brother's room. This was the only other place Y/N was likely to be.

Taking a deep breath, Bronwyn turned the doorknob and pushed open the large pine wood door.

Peeking into the room, she saw that she was right.

There they were, curled up against the side of Victor's bed on the floor.

Deciding that Y/N's current position was probably not very comfortable, Bronwyn took it upon herself to go and wake them.

Only when they got that small bit closer to Y/N to shake them awake did they see their tear-stained face.

Bronwyn frowned, gently poking Y/N's arm. Startled, Y/N jolted awake.

"Huh? Who's there?" They questioned, though it sounded like more of a statement.

"It's just me," Bronwyn responded in a soft voice "Are you okay, Y/N?"

Y/N hummed, thinking for a moment.

"I'm not sure, Wyn. I've just realised something that I never used to think about your brother.." They trailed off, glancing up at Bronwyn's prying eyes.

Did they really want to talk about this with her? She was Victor's sister after all.

"What do you mean?" Bronwyn was terribly confused, "What did you realise?"

Y/N sighed, glancing over at Victor's face that heavily lacked any sign of life.

"I'll tell you when I get your brother back, okay?" Y/N silently promised, grabbing Bronwyn's hands.

"What are you talking about? Victor has.. passed on."

That's right! Y/N mentally screamed, Only the eldest children know!

"Bronwyn, I — Miss Peregrine and I figured that I would be able to save Victor by going back in time with my peculiarity."

Bronwyn was shocked, she was incredibly happy to hear this. A little upset that she wasn't told sooner, but happy nonetheless.

"Are you serious? This isn't some kind of joke?"

Y/N looked at the girl like she had three heads.

"Who do you think you're talking to? That's the- my best friend! D'you think I'd really joke about that?"

Bronwyn grinned, reaching over to hug Y/N.

"I'm so glad Victor has someone like you. Take good care of him, okay?" Bronwyn smiled softly.

"I will! Wait what?!"

The girl started laughing, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. She thought she was a genius.

"I knew it! You love my brother, don't you?"

Y/N felt their face grow hot and pressed their lips into a thin line.

"I don't know what you're talking about," they stated crossing their arms.

"Liar! You're definitely in love with him!" Bronwyn giggled.

Y/N sighed sadly, grabbing the mentioned boy's hand.

"Yes, Bronwyn. I've fallen in love with your brother."

Bronwyn's jaw practically dropped to the floor, she wasn't expecting them to admit it.

"Does he know?" Bronwyn asked, curious.

The teen looked into her eyes for any kind of judgement. Finding none, they decided it wouldn't hurt to give in to her questions.

"No, I tried subtly telling him when he was alive but you know how dense he can be sometimes."

Bronwyn sat with this thought for a moment and agreed. It was true, Victor could be oblivious at times.

"Why don't we talk about this later, okay? What were you saying about breakfast?"

Blinking slightly, Bronwyn realised Y/N was talking to them.

"Oh I came up here to find you so you didn't miss it," she told them shrugging.

Y/N hummed, looking over at Victor's sculpted face.

"I suppose we should go down to breakfast then, shouldn't we?" Y/N sighed.

Bronwyn nodded her head before walking out the door telling Y/N that she'd meet them downstairs.

Y/N turned their attention back to their friend. Gently, they pulled Victor's blanket up to cover him properly.

"People keep telling me it wasn't my fault, Vic. Yet I can't help but think that you think it is." Y/N lightly held onto the boy's arm giving his hand a squeeze.

"I'll come speak to you later, you'll be home soon. I promise."

With that last word, Y/N exited the room and made their way down the hall towards the staircase. Right then and there, Y/N told themself that if they couldn't bring Victor back — they'd have to take their own eyes out instead.