---- ACT XIII

✎↷: —— ❤︎ ˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚

✎↷: —— ❤︎ ˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚

📰DEAD GIRL IN THE POOL ˎˊ˗
girl in red

Y/N held their head to Victor's chest just a small while longer as the two of them had yet to get up from the lush forest floor.

Finally pulling away, they nodded.

"Yeah, let's go home," they told the boy – pulling him to his feet by the hand.

Victor scooped Y/N up and held them on the crook of his elbow, the other teen facing forwards.

Y/N looked at Victor with a toothy grin before turning towards the way they were walking, pointing their finger ahead.

"Onwards, noble stead!" they teased and Victor stiffled a laugh as they walked – Victor walked – back to the house.

The two 'friends' continued their journey back towards the home, Victor stopping every now and then to let Y/N pick up rocks.

Rocks were a fascination of theirs – they thought they were unique and pretty.

The rocks reminded Y/N of Victor, strong and rough around the edges; but once you clean them off a bit they show their true colors.

Victor had gently set Y/N back on the ground as they clambered up the slight slope that held the cave-like entrance to the loop.

"Victor..?" Y/N spoke up, their voice as soft as snow.

"Yes? What is it, Y/N?" Victor queried.

He was worried that they might've spotted another hollow, then remembered that they could only see the one from before because it was covered in thick, pasty mud.

"Did you really mean it when you said that I was selfish? And.. am I really as pathetic as you said?"

The strong boy felt his jaw tense as he heard their worries – how could he have forgotten?

"No," he took a shallow breath "I didn't mean it; and no you're not pathetic. I was.. I was just upset that you had changed your mind."

Y/N hummed, believing every word that hesitantly flew out of his mouth. They knew Victor wasn't one to look down on people – he never had been. He was careful to watch his words even more so due to his step-father.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

The brunette's voice was firm and meaningful, he knew that he'd hurt their feelings. He looked down at his shoes, making a silent promise to never speak to them while he was angry ever again.

"You don't need to apologise, Victor. I could never stay mad at you – unless of course you call me names like that again," Y/N joked, trying to lift the tension between the two.

Victor paused abruptly, half-way up the small hill. This caused Y/N to do the same.

"Of course I have to apologise. I hurt your feelings by speaking to you only out of anger. You didn't deserve to be spoken to that way."