Thirteen

I woke up with a very swollen and red eyes. I sit up, rest myself on the headboard and hug both of my legs. The argument that Mark and I had last night popped in front of me like a movie. The pain resurfaced and I can't help but cry again.

I just feel so sad. I know that Mark is working hard for the company, because that is what he promised in order to marry me. And he's working to provide everything for me.

But I feel like his work is more important for him than I am. I don't feel him anywhere in this empty house and I feel so lonely. This house is already lonely and heaven knows how much I wanted some company.

I don't want the luxurious living for now. I want someone who can mend my heart from the pain of suddenly being plucked out of my comfort zone to have a prompt marriage and live with a person whom I had a horrible past with. I don't want everything for now, I only want anyone.

As I was sobbing into my hands, I heard a knock on my door and I'm pretty sure this is Mark because he is calling me love.

"Are you in there?" His voice were small and hesitant. I stifle my sobs and reply a small yes and after that, the door opened wide.

Like me, Mark doesn't look any better. He has red and swollen eyes. Disheveled hair. Bare chest. And when he sat next to me I can also feel his cold body.

"I know that we're not okay yet… but I have this business—" He clears his throat.

"You're talking about work again." I cry out in between my legs and felt my body weakening. "It's just morning… Give me some time…"

"Love…" He calls out and that made my cries even more louder. I tighten my hold on my own flesh and refuse to reply. "Look at me, please?"

"N-No." I huff.

"Seo Donghyuck…" He says sweetly, almost as if we didn't fought last night. "Lee Donghyuck."

"W-What?" I sob and wipe my snot using my arms.

Mark cups my cheeks and looks at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry."

He looks and sounds so sincere and he is so gentle. I continue to cry in front of him while continously kisses my cheeks too.

"I apologize for being mad at you and for shouting at you." He sighs. "And I'm sorry for making you feel so lonely. I thought about it last night, love and I really do agree that I always miss giving you attention. I'm sorry for that, love. I'll take the blame. It is my fault."

My heart leaped because of his sincere apology. The lonely heart somehow felt lively and now all I want is to hug Mark.

"I didn't mean to go home late last night. It's just that… my mom passed by and she had quite a long conversation with me and she gave me a few works to do." He explains kindly and tucks my hair behind my ears. I felt his warmth and I loved it, so I snuggled my face into it. "But I really did pay the whole restaurant for it to be open all night, so I can date you freely."

I sniffle and wipe my wet face with my palms. Slowly, I reached out for his waist and wrap my arms around it. All of a sudden, I feel the urge to be clingy around him.

"Am I forgiven?" He asks while pulling me and placing me on his lap.

My breath hitched at the sudden change of position but that didn't stop my tears from falling. I still cried even after Mark rubbed my back for comfort.

"I'll try my best to be attentive to you every single time. I'll try not to indulge too much in work and pay attention to you instead." He sighs on me and then he kisses my shoulders. "I love you, Donghyuck. More than this marriage. More than the company. More than work."