Fourty nine

Mom allowed us to borrow the children's time. So, Sarang and Minhyuck came home with us and with that Mark considered filing the papers for adoption. Since we're already married, it won't be hard for us to have them as ours.

Signing wasn't hard, but thinking about the children on how I should raise them as good kids does.

"You're thinking so deep, love…" Mark utters. "You wanna let me have Channie?"

"No." I shake my head lightly and continue to pat the baby's back. "I'm just thinking about the kids. Nothing much."

"What about the kids? Could you tell me more?"

I love an attentive man.

"Worried," I smile at him, slowly walk forward and drop on his lap with Channie in my arms. "but happy, as well. I'm just worried about being their parent."

"We're gonna be alright love, hmm? Besides, you're not gonna be alone. You have me. We have each other, right?" His sweet breath hovered above my face as he tries to kiss my forehead.

"Love…" I clench tight on his collar and looked straight into his eyes. "Should we give up on making me pregnant?"

Something in his eyes transitioned into sadness about my question, which confused me. It was just a glimpse of it but clearly, I didn't fail to realize it. Gently, he pecks my lips and dived deeper but I tap him to make him stop.

"What's wrong?" I furrow my eyebrows at his sudden clinginess and his sudden swift of emotions. "Love, what's wrong?"

"Nothing…" He laughed almost as if he doesn't know that I noticed something from him. Totally, I'm not convinced with his answer.

"Mark Lee." I hiss softly. "I know you. What are—"

Again, his lips pressed firmly into mine. I tried so hard not to bother Channie but I guess from Mark's harsh kisses, I would.

"I'm sleepy, love." He sighed then and looked at Channie. "Let's sleep with the kids?"

Anger surfaced and it went straight into my face that I reddened. I huff and took large steps away from him, only to get hugged and pulled from behind.

"I don't know what you're trying to hide from me Mark Lee but I don't like it." I groan honestly. "I'm annoyed because you're being like this."

"Love, please?" He pleads.

His voice is genuine but I don't really understand him. I just mentioned about me getting pregnant and yet this is the response that I got. I even asked him what are his thoughts about it and why his reaction was like that but then, he didn't answer. He hid it from me and it's making me look dumb.

I'm pretty sure this time, my feelings are valid.

"I'm gonna sleep with the kids tonight. You sleep with us or take the couch, I don't care—"

"You want me to take the couch, do you?" He huffs. "I'm sorry if I got you mad—"

"Then fucking tell me why! What am I gonna do with your fucking apologies?!"

"H-Hey…" He was startled by my sudden fit of rage. If it weren't for the baby who showed signs of waking up, I wouldn't calm down.

Dang it!

"Take the couch. I don't want to be with you for a while."

"I understand." He pecks my shoulders and slowly lets go of me to my disbelief. Fuck, did he just let me go instead of confessing to me?

I hissed and with a loud thud, I shut his office door. I ran to the master's bedroom with Channie and locked it so he really wouldn't find his way inside.