Nineteen

I have never been more embarrassed in my life. I've never been this shy and fucking damned in a business meeting.

"M-Mom." Mark stuttered when his mom entered his office right after the meeting.

Mark's meeting already started an hour before she came in and not once did it cross my mind that I'll be meeting her here. Damn it!

"Son." She says sophisticatedly. She is pretty but now I can see that Mark looked so much like his dad whom I also have never seen in years.

"What are you doing here?" Mark gasped and kissed her mom's cheeks, also giving me a quick and worried glance. "I thought you were in Hawaii?"

"I heard about the constitution site in Canada, Mark. We lost 1,160,744,757.00 won." His mom hissed.

It's true. That is what they talked about earlier and it was mentioned that Mark is needed there.

"I will make sure the investors won't back out," Mark smiles. "I will try my best to revive it. I can even go there myself and do a report."

"Huh?" A small gasp escaped my lips and that made his mom and Mark look at me. I coiled and looked at my twitching feet instead.

"Okay. Another thing, what is he doing here?"

"Mom—"

"No, Mark. I'm asking you kindly!" His mom hissed again. "We both know that this boy wrecked you—"

"It was a misunderstanding."

It is. It was. It's not ours. It was my mom's fault!

"All this time, I thought Donghyuck really pushed me away," Mark releases a small and silly laugh. "But he really didn't. We were deceived by her mom's lies. She lies straight to our faces—"

"Kristina did that?"

"She did." I chime in. "I couldn't believe it either. All I know is that Mark left me for Mina—"

"Mina?" His mom raised a judgmental brow. "Kang Mina, you mean?"

"Yes." I huff. "A rumour broke out in the company, that Mark was marrying Mina and I thought he left for Canada to marry her."

"Hold up," Mark's mom shut her eyes and raised both her palms to halt us from talking. "My son didn't marry anyone. He went to Canada because you pushed him away."

"And that was a lie." Mark says.

"I loved Mark." I utter at the same time. "I can't push him away."

"Oh my god... All this time?" Mrs. Lee gasped loudly into her palms as her small eyes widened.

"Mom..." Mark called her out and hugged her tight. "I'm fine. We're fine."

"I can't believe this." She says aggressively, her poor knuckles turned white. "I trusted that bitch!"

"Calm down." Mark calms her mom down by tapping her cheeks and smiling at her. "You know what... Let me just take you out for dinner."

"That's a good way to distract me. Let's go!" Her mom huffed and then she looked back at me while grabbing her expensive purse. "Leave him out of this. I don't feel good yet."

I love that his mom is straightforward and blunt about what she feels for me but I can't help but get embarrassed and hurt about it.

"Mom!" Mark huffed, but then I tapped him and shook my head lightly.

"I'll be fine." I utter, unsure if I really am and if I would be. "Just go, I'll wait for you at home."

"Love—"