Finch

"Well now look at you. Eros tell them how beautiful they look."

"You look stunning darling! Pretty as a magnolia in May."

I felt a pin jab me in my side and I yelped my wings pushing away the seamstress. She pushed my wings back into my back to get back to work. I didn't feel as amazing getting my final fitting before my wedding. The lace itched and sparkled in the pristine light, when everything was white it was hard to even pick out a beautiful gown or suit to wear to the most important day of my life.

My small feet were forced into small pinching shoes. I kind of wanted to return the shoes Rasazy picked out for me. But I knew that if I did it would just upset me even more. When we were searching I found a nice white suit and a glorious dress that I just couldn't decide between. Not that I could imagine dressing in either of them. I wanted to go to Sophia and tell her that I couldn't find anything in the store to satisfy my wants and buy an extra few weeks until the wedding. But alas, we were near the deadline and this was the last thing I needed to do. But I couldn't decide between satin of the pants and the bodice and train of the dress. Sophia had bought both.

I couldn't decide if I really wanted to do this anymore either.

I yelped when a needle pricked my skin again. 

This morning I was pushed into a small room and the dress and suit were both ripped up and stitched together. The skirt was stripped from the seams layer after layer until the last layer stayed. One of the seamstresses were embordering beautiful jewels into the pants in little lanterns made of shining pearls, emeralds, and rubies. Like little step stones to my destiny. The light layer of the dress was fitted around my waist and stitched onto the pants.

The bodice was fitted around my chest. And I could never forget the next words making their way out of Sophia's mouth.

"I think the lace corset would tie this together don't you think?"

"The more sexy the better archangel Sophia, wonderful decision!" Suddenly I was screaming as the air in my lungs were pushed out. And when we were done and I was fitted in the corset they applied the bodice filled with jewels and gems dangling spectacularly.

Suddenly Sophia had to step out and she returned with the lantern earrings and a strange box. She handed the present to me and I opened it gently. The baby blue ribbon came undone and landed at my feet where the seamstresses started applying the light blue to the undertones of my ensemble.

"From Raphael and Michael:" Next to it was a quickly scrawled "Gabriel" in Michaels handwriting. "Pleasant wishes on your wedding day."

I threw away the note and looked at the present with a frown a golden comb and halo.

"What did the princes send you?" Sophia took the comb and bushed my hair back. I felt my hair grow longer into a small bun and a large flowing veil drop from my head. "If I were Sky I would be so jealous." I laughed and looked away taking the comb out of my hair. My (hair color) hair returned to it's normal size and I placed the comb and halo back.

I didn't want to use this to be married to Selever. It felt almost meaningless to me. Everything did, all the dishes I had to try for the wedding venue, the cake Selever and I had to agree on. The toast, the guest list and the anxiety of knowing that this decision was going to haunt me for the rest of my life. Once that ring went on my finger it would be over for me. I would live with Selever, be married to him and I would never be able to be with Gabriel the ways I desired to be.