Changing

Harry grabbed me up into his arms and made his way outside. I scrambled to grab my bag of ice before I was lifted and then clung to Harry. He shifted me from a bridal style carry to a toddler, placing me on his hip so that he could do something on his phone.
We made our way out to the garage and to a large Esclade that sat in the 'Z' garage. I guessed that meant that this was Zayn's SUV. However, they all seemed so close, I doubt it mattered.
Harry lifted me into the Escalade and strapped me in. He leaned back for a moment, regarding me with an unreadable look as I cast my eyes down and held the bag of ice to my now swollen eye. Reaching over he grabbed my bag of ice, taking it and looking intently at my black eye. He then leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek. My eyes went wide as saucers, what the fudge??

"Close your eye." I did as he placed another kiss on my eye. I heard a sigh and opened my eyes.

"I want to mark you as mine all the time...if you don't piss me off, I won't have to mark you like this." He gestured to my black eye and cheek. Rounding the truck, he climbed, started the engine with a roar and backed out. It was dark out so I could barely tell where we were going so I opted out, choosing to just sit. Cool air washed over me as Harry turned on the air, closing my eyes, I decided to just sit back and dream about being back at home.

"Are you gonna get rid of me?" My mouth voiced the question before I even realized I was doing it. Harry continued looking out the window for a moment before he turned back to me.

"Been talking to Lou?" I had to process that Lou was Louis before before I slowly nodded my head.

"I normally date slags." My feelings shot down for a moment. He only dated slags? So what did that make me??? Certainly not a slag, I'm virgin for gosh sakes.

"You are different...so no...why...were hoping I would have said yes" He chuckled darkly. "Most girls beg to stay."

"Can I ask you something Harry?" We had stopped at a light, an overhead street lamp caused him to glow orange, his emerald eyes giving off an eerie glow.

"What."

"Why me?" Harry stared at me for a moment before turning back to the road.

"You're pathetic." I reeled back from him, my eyes tearing up.

"W-what?" I asked quietly.

"See right there, your tiny, everything on you is small, you cry easily...your pathetic." I curled up then, bringing my knees up and hiding my face. He said I was pathetic? Fine, what the hell did I care.

"I like protecting people, I don't want you to be able to protect yourself...the other girls all were to...to independent, I hated it, they were wayyy to...capable...but you...I came in and saw you hunched over that fucking fruit bowl and when that bitch and her boyfriend came over, you didn't even do shit to stop them." I turned and looked out the window, done with listening to this conversation.

I was always small, its just how I am. I'm not a fighter, I don't believe in violence. I grew up seeing my parents fighting, my siblings fighting, it was disgusting. When I was just 13 years old, my dad went to jail for assault and rape of a minor. That minor was my older brother, Brinston. Being the youngest, I had three older siblings. Brycen, Bethany and Brinston. Every since my dad was convicted and sent to prison, they left and never came back. I was closest to my older brother, in a way, Harry and Brycen were very much alike. They were protective, and they both hit me, but just like Harry, I was always drawn to my big brother. He didn't hit me often but whenever he did it was hard. However, it was always Brycen who I would go to when I was upset, mad, or just plain tired. I hadn't seen him in so long, last I heard he was married with a kid on the way and that was 2 years ago.