Chapter 25 - Nemesis

Nemesis

Nemesis, primordial goddess of divine retribution and revenge, daughter of Nyx and Erebus, played by Natalie Portman.

Here I am, ditching camp activities again. I've been doing that a lot lately. Many of the other campers have been getting suspicious about it. Chiron doesn't really like it one bit. But in all honesty, I don't give a fuck. The way I see it, I don't work for the guy, I'm an adult, and I have my free will. So if I don't want to participate in any camp activities at all, then I won't. Instead, I'll do something else. Something like what I'm doing right now, playing Guitar Hero. I don't really play this as much as I used to. Back then, I used to play this game all the time. But ever since I learned how to play the real guitar, I stopped. I didn't see the point of playing a toy instrument when I already knew how to play the real one. I got back at it sometime after the war with Gaia and the giants. I found that it helps you learn a few songs a little. I know, that sounds a little weird with Guitar Hero basically being five colored buttons instead of six strings, but you get to learn a little of how the song works, you slowly learn what finger goes on what fret on the fret broad and when, what notes you need to play for the song, and you get to picture yourself playing the song in front of people, if think like a musician like how I do sometimes.

Right now, the one I'm playing is Guitar Hero Metallica. Metallica has always been my favorite band. They always were my favorite band. They were actually the ones who inspired me to play in the first place. I really do like them a lot. Back when I was a small child, I always hated music. I don't know why really. I guess back then, I always thought that music was stupid and a waste. It wasn't until I was 8 that I overheard Metallica's song Enter Sandman. I actually liked the song. Then with curiosity winning the best of me, I checked out the album the song was on, which is their Black album made back in 1991. I liked the album, so I checked out the rest of their albums next. And ever since then, Metallica has always been my favorite. Metallica was the very first band I actually liked, and it was the first band to help me realize that I did like music. I was just very picky about it. The kind of music I liked thanks to Metallica was hard rock and heavy metal. Of course Metallica also got me interested in bands like Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, as well as a few other bands that involve hard rock and heavy metal. No matter what though, Metallica will always be my absolute favorite since it was the band that helped me find my interest in music. Speaking of Metallica, I wonder when their next album will come out, or if they will have another album released soon. I hope they do. I'd like to hear it the very second I learn of it. Metallica hasn't had an album release in five years. So far, as far as I can tell, it's pretty much just been demo releases with them. While that is better than nothing, I still await a new album release. Anyways, I was finishing up the song Cyanide and once again, making a brand new high score and getting a perfect score on the notes of the song. Even if getting back to this game is only temporarily, it felt great to get back to it and pretend to be my favorite band.

"Nice job." Said a voice.

I turned to see Nemesis lying on my bed, eating a back of chips and drinking a bottled coke. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, which looked like a second lair of skin on her, and a plain white blouse that went to right above her belly button. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but she always did look pretty good for a goddess of revenge, with her light brown hair, light brown eyes, 32B boobs, small yet curvy body, and tanned skin.

"Thanks." I said.

"Competition?" Nemesis suggested.

"Sure." I said.

And with that, she got herself a guitar for the game and we played. We decided to play The Unforgiven since it was one of Metallica's greatest hits. Plus Nemesis thought that being deemed unforgiven was another way of deeming you will have revenge, her specialty. Of course, I won. She was good, but she could've done such a better job. What threw her out was the solo of the song. The solo she did terrible on.