11 Earn it

In the dining hall I idly poked the noodles — food didn't fit my throat and my mood was in the gutter. There were many reasons for that. First, I didn't sleep a wink at night, because as soon as I closed my eyes, filthy fantasies about Winter flooded my mind. Obsessing over Winter was like agonizing without a cure akin to the plague in medieval times.

Second, a new maid had started yesterday, and she was much worse than Nancy, no fun at all. So old she was about to fall apart right in front of my eyes. I bet my father did it on purpose, so I wouldn't be able to have fun with her.

There was also a third reason, which made my stomach clench in disgust.

"Girls... I think Taemin is cheating on me," I said with a devastated voice.

Yuna across from me coughed and took a sip of water. "You're sure?"

One hundred percent. I bet he'd started doing it a long time ago, though there was my slip here, too. Sometimes, I noticed his suspicious behavior, but shrugged the thought off.

As long as her remains useful, he can bang whatever the fuck he wants, I thought back then... but now, if he does it with Winter, he won't get away with it.

Although no... he can't do it with anyone. After all, a slave has only one owner.

"Completely." I leaned back in my chair. "I saw the messages in his phone, and they're definitely not from a friend." No, I didn't go through his phone on purpose, I saw it by chance when he went to shower and stupidly left the phone unlocked. They were sexting, and the other person wasn't shy to send tons of nudes. The resemblance to Winter's body bothered me.

"Ah, just break up with him, he's not worth your stress." Aeri, sitting next to me, moved closer and enveloped me in a tight consoling hug. It didn't feel that bad.

"Yeah, good idea, Aeri." Yuna nodded enthusiastically, arousing my surprise; she'd never agreed with Aeri and always spoke against her to annoy the latter. "There are tons of guys at this school who would crawl at your feet, why would you want Taemin."

I let out a small laugh.

"Because he's the best of them and I love him," I lied. "I won't be able to sleep well until I find out who it is."

"Poor baby..." Aeri cooed, comfortingly rubbing my back. "I will help you with this, we'll find that homewrecker."

"What would you do when you find out who it is?" Yuna asked.

"Kill." I said seriously. Yuna's face twisted oddly.

"Joking. Just want to know who Taemin traded me for."

"Oh, really?"

"Mhm, what else can I do and not get into jail?"

A lot of things...

Someone's hands touched my shoulders, and by the scent I could already tell who it was. How I wanted to grab these hands and dig my fingernails into the flesh until it bleeds.

"Hon, hey, did something happen? You seemed upset..." Taemin asked in a sweet voice and kissed my cheek.

Yuna coughed once again, and I could barely fight the impulse to punch her in the face. Seriously, if she was sick, why wasn't she in the hospital, instead of spreading diseases around the school? I didn't want to get sick, and I didn't want her to infect Winter, either.

I threw Aeri and Yuna a warning look to keep quiet about what I'd said earlier. Taemin didn't need to know that.

"Nothing, I'm fine, just the food wasn't that good today," I said and got up from my seat to hug Taemin back. As we were standing jointed together, my gaze by coincidence fell on Winter, who sat with annoying Yizhuo a few rows away from us. She was staring at me. With a very hostile stare. Was she still mad at me for the kiss or... was she jealous of Taemin?