17 Hospital

That day Mrs. Kim offered me to stay for breakfast, and I was going to say yes, until I saw Winter's expression. Her look was sending daggers and telling don't even think about it.

Much to my disappointment.

Obviously, I didn't want the food. I wanted to be around that Winter a little longer. So adorable when embarrassed. Pure satisfaction to my sight. If only it was her usual state...

The moment Mrs. Kim found herself at the door of Winter's room, I nearly cracked up laughing. Winter's face was redder than my menstrual blood. Not even to mention her ferociously trembling voice. After all, she's not that unbothered.

However, there was one thing I couldn't wrap my head around—what was so embarrassing about her mom seeing me without a bra? It's not like she walked in on us doing something steamy.

I wouldn't mind though...

But Winter probably would have died on the spot.

I walked home in high spirits as I completely forgot about what was waiting for me there.

My dear father.

As soon as I had set foot in the house, I felt his anger. This time—I thought it would be the end of me. Bastard. I wanted to scream seeing my flawless skin covered with hideous wounds.

Of course, it was foolish of me to think that what I'd done to Taemin would go unpunished. But I definitely didn't expect it to be so cruel. Fuck it. How much did Taemin mean to him that he was willing to kill me for such a small thing?

It made me want to leave Taemin to die in my room.

Unbelievable, but there was a positive thing about this situation. He forgot to ask where I'd spent the night. If he'd found out I'd been at Winter's, he would have killed us both. Thanks, all his thoughts were on Taemin.

And now I was standing in front of the hospital where Taemin was being treated. Per my father's order, I have to get his forgiveness and ensure he won't talk about it. There wasn't really anything serious with him, he could've gone home after getting first aid, but his parents insisted that he stay there for a few more days. So dramatic. As if I broke all his limbs.

Taemin was the last person I wanted to see right now. Not even the last. He wasn't on the list at all. But did I have a choice?

Right, that word is missing from my life.

So I stepped into the hospital elevator and pressed the 11th floor button. Somewhere in my bag, the notifications kept coming. I didn't check, I already knew who it was. Taemin was texting me every five minutes, but I ignored him.

I was no longer mad at him for cheating on me since he'd gotten his punishment. Now I was angry at him, because my father had beaten me up because of him. Seriously, it was very uncomfortable. In the car, for instance, I couldn't lean on the back of the seat.

A bag of fruit and homemade pastries tugged unpleasantly on my hand. The maid insisted I give it to the crybaby. Hope he will choke on it.

I exited the lift and looked around for Taemin's room. When I spotted the right one and was about to enter it, a tall girl in a mask and sunglasses jumped out of it, shoving me on the shoulder.

What the fuck?! I almost fell! And she didn't even apologize.

My first impulse was to hail her and ask where she had lost her manners, but I stopped myself. There was something off. What was she doing in Taemin's room?

He didn't have any girl friends or a sister, it made me think of something... Also, despite her best efforts to disguise herself, she felt eerily familiar to me.