20 The last chance

"Good morning, Mrs.Kang." I gave my homeroom teacher a crooked smile as she passed by, this time not even bothering to hide my disgust toward her.

The teacher's mouth opened for a reply but instead of words, a heavy sigh came out.

Because she collapsed to the floor.

Tripped over the toe of my shoe.

Of course, it was a pure accident.

"Oh, how could you fall like this?" I gasped, faking a concerned tone and held out my hand to help her up. "You need to be more careful, Mrs.Kang~"

Mrs.Kang, disgruntled, was about to take my hand, but I abruptly withdrew it, and kicked her in the thigh instead, using all my strength, so she fell flat on the ground.

"Oops—what is it with me?" I said, struggling to contain my laughter. "I'm so sorry!"

"You... you'll pay for this!" Mrs.Kang hissed. She was unable to express her anger any further because at this moment a group of loudly chattering students appeared from around the corner.

"Sure," I replied nonchalantly, clasping my hands behind my back and turning away from her. Yes, I'm definitely going to pay for this... in Mrs.Kang's fantasies.

I've been waiting for this moment for centuries. My last day at this school. The day I could finally do whatever I want without thinking about the consequences.

My mood was higher than Mount Everest, and it wasn't just because I was now acting like a total bitch, but more because... my game with Winter was over.

And I had won.

And what's better is the place where I got my prize.

My dear church...

It was never so pleasant to sin.

It was never so pleasant to kneel.

I giggled in reminiscence and, with a delighted expression on my face, opened the door to the practice room. I wondered how Winter will act after that. Will she be embarrassed and blush sweetly? Will she make every effort to pretend as if I hadn't seen how wet and vulnerable she was?

However, as soon as I stepped into the practice room, my eyes landed on HIM, and the smile quickly faded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked rudely, closing the door behind me.

Gosh, it was truly hilarious to watch the expression on their faces change to one of unadulterated amazement—Winter's and Mr.Choi's, our piano teacher.

"Uhm... I came to check on how you and Winter were doing with your competition preparation," he replied, bewildered. Haha, obviously he didn't expect me to talk to him in such a manner, but well, he deserved it. "Didn't Winter tell you?"

Of course, she didn't tell me. I suspect it was on purpose.

"Aah, okay," I said even though I wasn't okay with it. However, the sooner he hears us playing, the sooner he will get out of here. Leaving me and Winter alone.

I threw my bag and outerwear on the chair, sat down at the piano, and started playing right away, without any warning to Winter or some warm up. I never needed the latter because I was already hot. Besides, Winter was such a nerd, insisting on playing each part over and over again without a break, that it seemed like I would remember the piece for the rest of my life.

It didn't confuse Winter, and she joined at the right time. The painfully annoying melody filled the room, and I tried to detach myself and ignore the sound. Otherwise, I would just get the urge to smash the piano into pieces.