22 Happy funeral

1 year later...

Winter, exhausted, lay on the bed. And why did she think that graduating from school and going to university would make her life easier? It only got worse, and that's not considering what she had to go through in her last year of high school, she was glad it was over...

But now that her mother had moved back to Busan, their hometown, and Winter started her adult life, she felt tired all the time. From the part-time job she took because her conscience wouldn't let her accept her mother's money, and from her intense studies at university.

She chose to major in music production. Not exactly what she wanted to do, but after all, if the song she wrote became popular, she would get rich, right?

Just when that would happen...

Her phone buzzed. Winter glanced lazily at the screen. It was a message from Aeri.

She never would have thought they would grow so close to each other. Since Yizhuo had gone back to China, she had become her only friend. Aeri, she was so different from—

Winter opened the messages, and her heart skipped a beat. Yes, she'd forgotten to check the news today. And she missed something important.

[NEWS] Renowned cellist Yu Jihyun has passed away. Fans can come to the hospital's memorial to say goodbye.

Today, the musician's agency released an official statement.

"We regret to inform you that Yu Jihyun, a musician for our agency, lost her struggle with cancer during surgery. Her heart had stopped, she had no chance..."

We are deeply saddened by this loss because Yu Jihyun gave us so much beautiful music. She was a talent, becoming the youngest winner of the Golden Harmony Competition.

Unfortunately, The Yu family has been plagued by misfortune over the past year. Karina Yu, her only child, and her husband, the owner of YU Healthcare, disappeared earlier. As well as a fire in their house that claimed the lives of several employees.

Following Mr Yu's disappearance, an investigation was launched against his company due to the selling of counterfeit equipment and tax fraud. As a result, all of the Yu family's assets were seized.

As for her daughter Karina, even after a year she could not be located. She was last seen at the Two Piano Competition, an annual event for pianists who compete for a spot in the SNU. She and her partner won first place, but she never picked up her trophy.

Well, this whole story is shrouded in mystery, hopefully it will all be resolved soon. Keep up with our news to ensure that you don't miss anything.

"Do you want to go?" asked Aeri.

Winter was hesitant. Obviously, she wasn't a fan of Yu Jihyun, but there was a reason she had to go there. She hoped she could fulfill Karina's mother's wish.

It was a surprise to her that right after Karina left her, her mother approached her. She didn't immediately recognize her because something about the way she looked was very different from the pictures on the Internet. She seemed far too hopeless and lifeless.

For a long time Winter had been angry with Karina, and even now there were remnants of resentment lingering within her. She dumped her right after she made her feel so vulnerable when Winter was ready to give in to her feelings. Played around and threw her away.

That's what Karina did to her. And Winter was aware of this outcome from the very beginning. She should never have let her do this to herself. The scar Karina left inside her was hard to forget.