chapter 8

Jennie read reports in the study room.

“Boss looks like he’s in a good mood,” Hanbin said.

Mino looked at Jennie and he couldn’t tell what mood Jennie was in. He wanted to learn from Hanbin about how to read their boss’ moods. Because Hanbin knew when to use him as a bullet vest whenever their boss was in a bad mood.

Mino noticed a devious gleam in Hanbin’s eyes.

“I don’t know if boss’ good mood will stay after he hears the bad news,” Hanbin said.

Mino instinctively moved away from Jennie. If Mino planned to use him as a bullet vest, he feared their boss wouldn’t let him leave with an intact corpse.

Jackson Wang reported how his group dealt with Mr Tao’s gang and he wisely sat on the sofa away from Jennie.

“Boss, Min Ho is injured,” Jackson said.

Jennie’s good mood disappeared and his face turned cold. Who would be able to injure Min Ho?

“Was it Kim Jisoo, Tan Lang’s gang?” Jennie asked.

“Ah!” Lisa cried out.

Lisa felt a cold wind passed her neck. It was Jennie’s knife that was thrown past Lisa’s nose, deflected Jackson’s knife and landed on the floor.

Lisa wondered if she explained she was only passing by and she wasn’t eavesdropping on them if they would believe her. She was too scared to move.

“Next time be gentler toward my woman,” Jennie said and glared at Jackson.

“Come here,” Jennie said.

Lisa understood she couldn’t ignore Jennie’s order. But she thought about how she ate him last night and she blushed.

Hanbin stood back to let Lisa walk toward Jennie. She thought Hanbin was a gentleman until he opened his mouth.

“Miss Manoban, why is your face red?” Hanbin asked. “And why are you wearing thick clothes on a hot day?”

Lisa spent a lot of energy to search for a high collar thick top to hide the kiss marks on her neck. She wasn’t impressed by Hanbin’s hateful smile.

Lisa walked past the hateful Hanbin and Jennie shamelessly pulled her onto his lap. She tried to stand but Jennie wrapped his arms around her waist and whispered in her ear. “Don’t move. I love it when you take the initiative but now isn’t the time.”

“About last night… I didn’t do it on purpose…” Lisa said.

“Are you saying you refuse to take responsibility?” Jennie asked.

Lisa wanted to ask what responsibility. Wasn’t it the man who was supposed to take responsibility?

Lisa laughed awkwardly. “Let’s talk about world news.”

Jennie laughed at Lisa’s obvious awkwardness.

Mino spat his tea onto Jackson.

“You’re filthy,” Jackson said to Mino.

Jennie thought it was hilarious Lisa wanted him to talk about world news instead of selling and buying weapons. It was like asking him to survive on eating air.

Lisa felt like she said the wrong thing and she quickly changed the topic of conversation. “Where’s Leo?”

“Dad took our son to the park,” Jennie said.

“Um,” Lisa said.

Lisa ran out of questions to ask Jennie and the room was silent for a while.

“Lisa go pack your luggage,” Jennie said.

“Why?” Lisa asked. “Where am I going?” Her eyes lit up. “Can I go home?”

“Italy,” Jennie said.

Lisa’s eyes lost its shine, she pouted her lips and softly cursed Jennie on the way toward their bedroom. "toxic boss.”

Mino heard Lisa’s soft curse and he spat more tea onto Jackson. Jackson slid along the sofa to avoid Mino’s unhygienic saliva.

Hanbin smiled. He pitied Lisa and deflected attention off her.

“Boss, I heard Miyeon was in Italy,” Hanbin said.

Mino thought that Hanbin knew how to push Jennie’s buttons.

“Jackson tell Myoui Mina to immediately go to Italy to see me,” Jennie said coldly.

Jennie walked past Hanbin to see if Lisa finished packing.

Mino picked up his tea cup and he looked daggers at Hanbin. He drank his tea, rubbed Hanbin’s pitiful head and gave him his empty tea cup.

“Hanbin, you need to go to Italy too,” Jackson said.