chapter 30

Irene saw Mark Tuan and the country bumpkin walked toward her and Jennie, but she maintained her smile because she was standing next to Jennie Kim.

Jennie checked Lisa if she wasn’t hurt first then he looked at Mark Tuan.

Mark Tuan punched Jennie’s shoulder in a brotherly way. The sudden punch startled Lisa and Irene.

“Little boy, long time no see,” Mark Tuan said. “I can’t believe you got married behind my back.”

“What are you doing here?” Jennie asked in a brotherly tone.

“Meeting an angel,” Mark Tuan said and smiled at Lisa.

The oblivious Lisa showed Jennie the winnings. “Jennie, look at my winnings,” Lisa said.

Mark Tuan looked confusedly at Jennie and Lisa.

“You two know each other?” Mark Tuan asked.

Irene’s face whitened. She was worried if the country bumpkin was Jennie’s relative and Mark Tuan was Jennie’s friend as well, Jennie would retaliate for her mistreatment of the country bumpkin in the private room.

“Lisa is my wife,” Jennie said affectionately.

Irene couldn’t believe the man of her dreams was the country bumpkin’s husband. In contrast Mark Tuan thought it was ill fate he fell for his friend’s girl.

“Are you on a holiday?” Jennie asked.

“I came here on a business trip,” Mark Tuan said.

“If you don’t have any plans, why don’t you join my wife and me for dinner?” Jennie asked.

“Yes,” Lisa said. “If you join Jennie and me for dinner, it’ll be a good opportunity for me to thank you for helping me before.”

Mark Tuan would have declined Jennie’s invitation if he didn’t see the anticipation in Lisa’s eyes.

“OK,” Mark Tuan said. “Ruby, you can’t complain after dinner that I cost you an extra dinner portion.”

Jennie was a picky eater, but he was a humble eater compared to Mark Tuan. Mark Tuan loved to eat the best culinary food.

“Let’s go,” Jennie said. “I still have enough money to hire a chef.”

“Mr Ruby,” Irene said.

“What is it?” Jennie asked coldly.

“Mr Suho wants to invite you to dinner to discuss a business collaboration,” Irene said.

“You can tell Mr Suho, Ni Sheng has no interest in a business deal with him,” Jennie said. “Also tell him not to be too greedy.”

Irene watched Jennie leave with the country bumpkin and Mark Tuan. She accepted she and Suho weren’t in the same league as Jennie.

“He’s an extraordinary man,” Miyeon said.

“It’s you,” Irene said.

Irene recognised Miyeon in the usual red outfit.

“Long time no see,” Miyeon said. “You have no chance with him.”

“I don’t need your concern,” Irene said.

Irene understood her place. If Jennie didn’t notice Miyeon then he wouldn’t be interested in her either.