chapter 11

Jennie drove to the Cho mansion.

At the Cho mansion, Jennie barged into the living room.

“Mr. Kim, mistress is in the bathroom,” Minnie said. “Please take a seat.”

Jennie strode to the bathroom and kicked the door down.

Miyeon lowered her body under the bubble bath.

“Mistress,” Minnie said.

“You can leave,” Miyeon said.

“Yes mistress,” Minnie said.

After the butler left, Miyeon stood in front of Jennie. Her naked body didn’t affect Jennie.

“I knew you would come,” Miyeon said.

“Give me the antidote,” Jennie said.

“You’re hateful,” Miyeon said. “You have a beauty in front of you, but you don’t know how to sweet talk. Many men scheme to crawl on my bed yet you don’t even look my way. But I love your coldness.”

“Antidote,” Jennie said.

“If you want the antidote then you need to pry it out of my mouth,” Miyeon said.

Jennie twisted Miyeon’s arm.

“How aggressive,” Miyeon said. "there’s no rush.”

“You know you don’t have much time left,” Jennie said. “Without an antidote then the Cho business will fall into your uncle’s hands.”

Miyeon finally noticed her hand turned a black shade.

“MF Hanbin!” Miyeon cursed.

Miyeon gritted her teeth, dressed and grabbed the antidote from her room.

Jennie exchanged antidotes with Miyeon. He didn’t doubt it was the real antidote, because she was someone who kept her promises.

“Your little maid is not bad,” Miyeon said. “I want to invite her here as a guest.”

Jennie narrowed his eyes and his complexion darkened.

“I’m only warning you once,” Jennie said. “Don’t lay a finger on her.”

While Miyeon was surprised to see Jennie angry, he had left her home.

“Mistress, you have a phone call,” Minnie said.

“It’s Eun Woo.What does he want?” Miyeon asked.

“He lost money at Hong’s Casino in Las Vegas,” Minnie said. "they”re detaining him.”

Miyeon laughed coldly. "the Hong family isn’t someone he should offend. I’ll take the call.”

Miyeon accepted the phone from Minnie. On the other end she heard her brother’s pathetic cry.

“Noona!” Eun Woo pleaded. "save me!”

“Hello Miss Cho,” Mr Hong said. “You and your little brother must have a close relationship. He asked me to call you first before calling his father. I can see why a young woman like you is in charge of the Cho business.”

“Mr Hong, why don’t you cut to the chase,” Eun Woo said. “Considering the relations between the Cho family and your family, we can negotiate a deal to satisfy you.”

“Ok, I want the Cho’s district in Tai,” Mr Hong said.

“Mr Hong, you should at least let me make enough to feed myself,” Miyeon said.

Miyeon thought Mr Hong was a greedy bastard. Did he want her to starve to death?

“Miss Cho, you’re too modest,” Mr Hong said. “Everyone knows excluding Jisoo and Jennie’s businesses, the Cho business owns one third of the black Market.”

“Are you saying there’s no room for negotiation?” Miyeon asked. “It’s not that I can’t save the little shit, but everyone knows his father and I don’t get along.”

“I’m not worried I’ll make a lost,” Mr Hong said. “His father wouldn’t let his only son die easily. I don’t mind giving his father a call. But do you want to waste years of building your close relationship with your little brother?”

Miyeon thought Mr Hong was an old fox.

“Ok, I’ll compromise,” Miyeon said. “You can have one third of the Cho district in Tai.”

“Good, Miss Cho, you can send someone to pick up your little brother,” Mr Hong said.

Miyeon hung up and smashed the phone on the floor.

“Mistress, don’t be upset,” Minnie said.

“Don’t let my uncle find out about this,” Miyeon said.

“Yes, mistress,” Minnie said.

>

A few days later at the main house, Lisa got to know Min Ho while Jennie was busy working around Florence.

Lisa peeled an apple for Min Ho. She thought he was an eccentric man like teacher.

“Are you thinking about Jennie?” Min Ho asked.

Lisa blushed. “Who’s thinking about that toxic man?”

"toxic?” Min Ho teased.

Lisa thought she said too much. “I mean…”

“Jennie wasn’t like this when he was a child,” Min Ho said.

Lisa was curious to hear what Jennie was like as a child. “What was he like as a child?” Lisa asked.

“Energetic, mischievous and adorable,” Min Ho said.

“What?” Lisa asked. “Adorable?”

Lisa thought no matter how she looked at Jennie’s face, she couldn’t see anything adorable about him.

“He only changed after he took over Ni Sheng,” Min Ho said. “Honestly teacher and I had no intentions of letting him take over Ni Sheng. We only want him to live a happy life. He didn’t want to take over Ni Sheng either. But he’s been stubborn since he was a child.”

“If he doesn’t want to be in charge of Ni Sheng then why did he accept the head position?” Lisa asked.

Min Ho smiled a bitter sweet smile. “His mom. His mom loves the homes in the districts Ni Sheng owns. His way of protecting places his mom loves is by taking charge of Ni Sheng.”

“His mom must be incredibly gentle and beautiful,” Lisa said. Min Ho laughed uncontrollably for a long time.

“Perhaps other people don’t think Ji Hyun is gentle and beautiful,” Min Ho said. “Yes, she’s petty, unreasonable and a reckless troublemaker. But in my heart she’s the most beautiful person.”

Lisa thought there was loneliness in the way Min Ho was smiling. “Where is she living?” Lisa asked.

“Jennie said that she’s living a happy life,” Min Ho said. "that’s enough for me.”

Lisa realised Min Ho loved Jennie’s mom. She didn’t understand why Min Ho didn’t want to live with someone he loved. Why did Min Ho still love someone who left him a long time ago and was content as long as Jennie’s mom was happy. She thought love was too complicated.

“Miss Manoban, I can see Jennie cares about you,” Min Ho said. “Help me take good care of him.”

“It’s not like that… he… it’s not what you’re thinking…” Lisa said.

Lisa didn’t think Jennie cared about her. He didn’t care about her opinion and expected her to follow his lead. Neither of them knew they conceived Leo together for years. Even if Jennie cared about her, it was because they have a son together.

Lisa silently reasoned why Jennie didn’t care about her for a while. When she raised her head, Min Ho was sleeping. She sighed and decided if she couldn’t explain properly why Jennie didn’t care about her then she should at least let Min Ho have a good sleep. She covered Min Ho’ body with the bedsheet and left Min Ho’ room.