chapter 14

At the main house.

Jennie read the doctors' reports about Lisa’s body condition. He wouldn’t be happy until she woke up even though the reports indicated her body was in a stable condition.

“Boss, there is a 0.1% chance Miss Lisa is in pain,” Hanbin said. “It’s good news she’s not in a critical condition and she’ll wake up soon.”

Jennie stayed in bed with Lisa until she woke up the following morning.

Lisa opened her doe eyes and she saw an unfamiliar room. Her doe eyes became teary and she heard a cold voice next to her ear.

“Don’t cry,” Jennie said.

Lisa turned her head and she saw a beautiful man. But he looked fierce so she swallowed her tears.

“Who are you?” Lisa asked. “Why are you this fierce?”

Jennie thought Lisa looked pitiful and he softened his tone. “Do you know where you are?” Jennie asked.

Lisa shook her head.

“Do you remember my name?” Jennie asked.

“No,” Lisa said.

“Do you remember your name?” Jennie asked. Lisa shook her head.

“I’m Jennie and you’re Lisa,” Jennie said.

Lisa pointed at Jennie. “Jennie.”

Lisa pointed at herself. “Lisa.”

“Jennie, Lisa,” Lisa recited.

"That’s right,” Jennie said.

Jennie saw Lisa smile and he couldn’t stay angry. Her adorable smile made him smile.

Jennie got out of bed, passed Lisa’s clothes to her and he dressed.

After Jennie was dressed, Lisa was still holding her clothes so he helped her put on her pants and buttoned her shirt.

“Jennie is a good person,” Lisa said. “I love Jennie.”

Lisa loved Jennie because he helped her dressed.

Jennie stared at Lisa’s eyes and she mimicked him by staring at his eyes. Afterward she kissed his cheek and startled him.

“I love Jennie,” Lisa said.

Jennie stroked Lisa’s hair.

“Good,” Jennie said.

Jennie helped Lisa sit on a chair then he called Hanbin into the room to examine Lisa.

Mino and Jackson followed Hanbin into the room.

Lisa carefully watched Hanbin examine her. Afterward she looked at Jennie and held her hands out.

“Jennie, hug me,” Lisa said.

Jennie immediately sat on Lisa’s chair and hugged her.

“How is she?” Jennie asked Hanbin.

“Her body is in good condition apart from her fever,” Hanbin said. "the Miss Lisa we're seeing is herself regressing to her childhood.”

“Is that possible?” Mino asked.

Lisa sensed someone was starting at her. She looked up and saw Mino. She smiled at Mino.

Mino was mesmerized by Lisa’s smile, but Jennie gave him a warning glare and he looked somewhere else.

“We should look for Jisoo and ask him what he gave Lisa,” Mino suggested.

Hanbin adjusted his glasses. “Mino, you don’t have to look for Jisoo.”

“Why?” Mino asked.

“Your logic is at the same level as Miss Lisa now,” Jackson explained.

“Boss, they're bullying me,” Mino joked. Lisa laughed at Mino.

“I’ve decided, I like Mino,” Lisa said.

"thank you Miss Lisa,” Mino said. “But it’s better if you don’t like me.”

Mino didn’t want Jennie to kill him.

“Miss Lisa, why don’t you like me and Jackson but you like Mino?” Hanbin asked.

Lisa pointed at Jackson. “I don’t like him because he’s too cold, not adorable.”

Lisa pointed at Hanbin. “I don’t like you. You’re smiling but it’s a fake smile.”

Hanbin’s body tensed. Everyone knew what Lisa said was true but it was an unspoken truth, because most people were scared of him and Jackson. He thought the naive and honest Lisa was adorable.

Mino’s stomach hurt from holding in his laughter. He was happy finally the fox Hanbin tasted bitter medicine.

“Miss Lisa, thank you for the compliment,” Hanbin said.

Lisa didn’t know why Hanbin wasn’t angry. Instead he thanked her for insulting him.

Lisa turned to Jennie and she spoke softly to him. “Hanbin is a weird man.”

Mino couldn’t hold back his laughter anymore and he laughed loudly. Hanbin calmly picked up an injection to reduce Lisa’s fever.

Lisa saw the sharp needle and she hugged Jennie tightly. “I don’t want a shot!” Lisa said.

Jennie stroked Lisa’s hair. “It doesn’t hurt,” Jennie said.

Mino wanted to say Jennie shouldn’t look serious while comforting another person.

“Jennie, I don’t want a shot,” Lisa said. Lisa cried and Jennie patted her back.

“Don’t cry,” Jennie said. "tell me why you’re scared of needles.”

Lisa shook her head.

“From experience I think Miss Lisa’s fear stems from a past traumatic experience involving needles-” Hanbin said.

“Boss, the ICT system is attacked by a virus,” a gang member reported at the door.

Everyone followed the gang member to the ICT room. The screens were black. Mino entered a code and Jennie stopped Mino typing after a message from Jisoo was visible on the screens,

“Jennie, are you satisfied with the gifts? Even though the biological weapons plan failed, but the experiments yielded unexpected results. Jennie, hope you’re appreciating the gifts.”

“Mino, Tan Lang’s experiments are stored on their master computer,” Hanbin said. “Can you search for the antivirus?”

Mino’s ten fingers typed in a code for ten minutes.

“Did you find anything?” Jennie asked.

"they know we would hack into their system so they put extra walls up,” Mino said. “I need more time to find the antivirus.”

While Mino was thinking of a way to get through Tan Lang’s defences, Lisa’s fingers typed in a code. A minute later she smiled at Mino.

"take a look,” Lisa said.

Mino happily knocked on the table. He forgot Lisa was a genus.

“You did a good job,” Jennie praised and rubbed Lisa’s head.

Lisa was happy to hear Jennie praise her and she offered him the bun she was eating.

“It’s delicious,” Lisa said.

Jennie opened his mouth and Lisa fed him the bun.

Mino was used to being ignored after a victory so he was surprised Lisa high five the hand he held up.

“Lisa, let’s go,” Jennie said.

“Um,” Lisa said.

Lisa walked three steps with Jennie and she turned her head around. She saw a deeply moved Mino.

Mino was deeply moved because after many years he finally met another person who understood his struggles.