chapter 24

Ji Hyun spoiled Jennie since he was a boy.

Ji Hyun was an unorthodox mom. She gave Jennie anything he wanted as long as he didn’t ask her to kill or light anyone on fire. Which was why Jennie didn’t experience what it meant to be jealous. He also had teacher and Min Ho spoiling him. Luckily he didn’t grow up to be a spoiled brat.

For years in Jennie’s dictionary, jealousy didn’t exist. All he had to do was open his mouth, and he would get what he wanted. He wasn’t angry another man wanted to serenade his wife with a bouquet of Roses. He was in a bad mood because his wife was distancing herself from him.

After the car stopped in front of their home, Jennie silently got out of the car and left Lisa behind.

“Is he angry?” Lisa asked Hanbin softly.

Hanbin chivalrously opened the car door for Lisa.

“Isn’t the answer obvious?” Hanbin asked.

“If you didn’t drive me here then I would be at my parents' home,” Lisa said.

“Boss would be angrier if I didn’t drive you here,” Hanbin said.

Lisa sighed. She didn’t know why Jennie was suddenly angry. Was it because of Ni Sheng’s failed deal? Or was it because Jennie’s former gang member was a double agent and betrayed him? Of course she would be angry too if someone she trained and trusted betrayed her. But his former gang member’s betrayal had nothing to do with her. Why was he angry at her? Did he see her as his boxing bag?

Lisa walked into the bedroom, Jennie was unbuttoning his shirt.

She stood next to the bed and fiddled her fingers.

“Honestly it’s normal for you to be angry,” Lisa said. “It’s inevitable to come across greedy people who only care about their own self-interests.”

Lisa wanted to say a few comforting words to Jennie, but he didn’t look like he appreciated her efforts. She wasn’t a sweet talker, but they lived together long enough for her to be used to his moods.

Suddenly her head felt dizzy, she grabbed onto Jennie and they fell on the bed. Her lower body was trapped underneath his spread legs, and she couldn’t move. His breath fluttered over her cheeks, and her hair hid his eyes that were engraved in her heart.

Lisa’s heart was beating fast, her body was sweating and she swallowed saliva. While Jennie was looking into her oblivious eyes. He couldn’t believe she thought he was angry about a deal gone south.

“You dummy woman,” Jennie said.

Jennie let go of Lisa, stood and walked into the bathroom.

Lisa didn’t understand why he called her a dummy, and sat up on the bed confused.

“Hey!” Lisa said. “Explain what you meant by a dummy woman. Who’s a dummy woman? You’re the dummy, Mr Dummy.”

Lisa only heard the sounds of water running from the bathroom, and she wasn’t certain if he heard her. But she didn’t care if he heard her or not, she wanted to move back home.

Lisa opened the cupboard and pulled out a small luggage bag. Luckily she didn’t pack too many of her belongings when she moved into his home.

A photo album fell onto the floor. Lisa was curious what photos were inside so she opened the photo album. The photos were mostly of a young woman’s life photos from childhood to adulthood. There were two other men in some of the photos with the young woman. One of the men was Min Ho then young woman must be…

Jennie walked out the bathroom. He was drying his hair and noticed Lisa was sitting on the ground browsing through photos. He draped the towel around his neck, picked up reports from the bedside table and sat on the bed.

“Who’s this woman?” Lisa asked.

“My mom,” Jennie said and continued reviewing reports. Lisa looked back and forth at the photos and Jennie.

“Liar,” Lisa said.

“I look more like my dad,” Jennie said.

But Lisa didn’t think Jennie looked remotely like his mom… Lisa thought about how she pictured what his mom would look like in the past. What gentle and beautiful woman? The woman in the photos didn’t look gentle at all. The woman liked to pinch Min Ho’ cheeks, had average looks and grabbed another person’s lollipop.

Lisa thought Min Ho looked handsome in the photos with Jennie’s mom. Min Ho’ eyes were always focused on Jennie’s mom and Lisa felt envious and thought Jennie’s mom must be a blessed woman. But Jennie’s mom didn’t pay attention to Prince Lee Min Ho.

“Min Ho must love your mom,” Lisa said.

Jennie didn’t deny the truth.

“What about your mom?” Lisa asked. “Does she love Min Ho?”

“My mom only loves my dad,” Jennie said.

“Your dad?” Lisa asked.

Jennie didn’t reply and Lisa didn’t pry it out of him.

“Min Ho is a pitiful man,” Lisa said.

“You don’t need to pity him,” Jennie said. “It’s his choice to live that way.”

Lisa thought love was more complicated than bacteria. Her confused heart flew away after she saw a childhood photo of Jennie. He was wearing a weird vintage white outfit, but he looked adorable.

“Where did you get the bouquet of white Roses?” Lisa asked. “You look adorable in this photo.”

Jennie put the reports on the bedside table. He got out of bed, grabbed the photo album out of Lisa’s hands and carried her to the bed.

Lisa felt like she was hypnotized by Jennie, and she let him lay her on the bed.

Afterward their bodies moved naturally like water flowing.

Jennie was tossing his and Lisa’s clothes onto the abandoned photo album and luggage bag while Lisa put aside her plans of running away.