After the Heat of Battle

A/N I wrote this months ago, and just found it now. Enjoy my fetus writing!

David sighed as he stared out the window. Only two more weeks. The war had ended a few days ago, but Joshua was still needed at the base in Iraq.

David was worried about his husband of 2 years. Joshua's life was in danger everyday he wasn't home.

Joshua was getting off a plane, with Matthew, one of his friends from the military. "So, Joshua, it's been, what, almost a year and a half since you've seen David, right?"

Joshua sighed. "Yeah. I can't wait to see him again. You're driving me right?"

Matt laughed. "Yeah. But why aren't you calling David and asking him?"

"Matt, it's 3:00. What do you think?"

"Right. Time differences."

A half hour later, the two men were driving down a road. Joshua pointed ahead of them. "Take the next left, then a right."

Matthew complied. "You okay, Joven?" Joven was a nickname given to him by the rest of the people in their section. It was a shortened version of Jovenshire, a combination of the first letter of his name and his last name.

"Yeah, just nervous. He still doesn't know about the arm." Joshua had lost his lower arm in battle.

"Joshua, I met David once, he's truly in love with you. There is no way he would leave you because of an injury."

Joshua smiled softly. "Thanks. Um, it's the next house."

Matt pulled into the driveway. "Talk to you soon?"

Joshua laughed. "You aren't getting rid of me that easily. Say hi to your girlfriend for me."

He grabbed his things from the trunk and walked to the door. He hesitated before going to knock, but didn't have to. The door opened, and David was looking at him. "J-Joshua?"

"David! I missed you so much!" Their lips met in a kiss of pure love. The kind you can't mask or change.

They pulled apart, still smiling. Then David noticed Joshua's arm. He gasped, "Joshua, what happened?!"

Joshua sighed. "I was caught in an explosion. I lived but lost most of my arm."

David's eyes welled up slightly, and he grabbed Joshua in a hug. "I'm so glad you're alive. I don't think I could live without you."

"Hey David?"

"Yeah, Joshua?"

"I love you."

"Love you too."