Band Geeks

David muttered a curse as he shifted his drum. He, of course, had the shitty harness with almost no padding. His shoulders and back were in agony. "Dave? You okay?"

David glanced up, and his boyfriend Joshua was standing there, looking concerned. "Meh, just a shitty harness. Aren't you supposed to be with the trumpets?"

"We finished up early. You can get ready to leave."

David exhaled in relief, taking off his drum. He cursed when he tried to stretch his arms.

Joshua picked up his drum and took it inside. "Uh, thanks. You didn't have to do that."

Joshua smiled at him. "I know. I wanted to."

"You're a nerd."

Joshua raised an eyebrow. "And you aren't?"

"You act like I said that. But you are the smart one."

Joshua wrapped an arm around David's waist. "Yeah?"

David leaned into the embrace. "Yeah. You didn't sign up for fucking bass drum."

Joshua sighed. "I know it hurts you, but if it helps, you're really good at it."

"Not really, but thanks. Am I still staying at your place tonight?"

"Yeah, if you want, I can give you a massage."

David kissed him gently. "That'd be great."

A/N: I pretty much wrote this yesterday after a Memorial Parade. Shout out to veterans, fallen or alive, and all who have suffered the loss of someone who died in action. I wrote because I had one of the largest basses, and let's just say they hurt your shoulders, and aren't designed for someone with a female body.